• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Was it a Positive that we lost to the Giants?

SteveSmithOwns

Looking back at it, I really think losing to the Giants helped us out. First, we won't have to play Philadelphia, who I believe is world's better and more dangerous than Arizona. it also makes Philly play New York in a matchup that will take alot out of both teams. Also, since we did lose, we will have more motivation going in if the Giants were to win their game than before. Oh, and we already know what happens when we lose to a team in the regular season and then face them again in the playoffs. So I guess what i'm asking is, now that you have seen the consequences of losing, which side would you pick right now?

Losing- (Playing the Cards, and if the Giants win, going into New York)

Winning- (Playing the Eagles, and if we win, we keep homefield)

with all considered, i'm gonna have to pick losing

Of course, we would have rather won against New York. For starters, we are a much MUCH better team at home than on the road. I would take Philly here this week, in a heartbeat, because even if we beat Arizona on Saturday we still have to play the championship game outside of Charlotte which isn't in our best interest. I'd rather go in, knowing that we have every game in Charlotte, even if the matchups, on paper, don't favor us because I have more confidence in us at home, than I do on the road --- even playing less than stellar teams (let alone a good team).

I don't believe there is any such thing as a good loss. But, with all things considered, I am very happy playing the cards this weekend.

Most of you should also know that beating a team twice in only a few weeks is a very hard thing to do in the NFL. Once we take care of business slapping the cards around this weekend, I don't have any problem going back to the Meadowlands for a rematch. I know the team believes they let a win get away with a missed field goal and that will definitely be added motivation.

So, a good loss? No. But a situation to complain about? Not at all.

I agree with the Philly comment. That's the one team I didn't want to play. It's all about getting hot going into the playoffs, and that's what they are. We, on the other hand, had a bye and barely pulled one out against the Saints. Just sayin.

'Barely' pulled one out against the #1 rated offense without our 2 starting defensive tackles....just sayin':cool:

Archived