• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bourbon Drinkers of the Huddle

CharlotteBeer.com

I'll be going to the Beer, Bourbon and Barbecue festival in Charlotte next weekend. I'm a big beer enthusiast, and while there are some good beers on the drink menu, overall the beer list is not that impressive.

That's okay, though, as I hope to get out of my comfort zone and try a lot of the bourbons. Now, I know a lot about beer but very little about bourbons. Can some of you bourbon guys look over this drink menu and let me know some of the "must trys"? I'll probably try as many as possible, but I want to make sure I hit the better ones before they are gone.

Also, if any of these are particularly good "budget bourbons," I'd like to know that as well. I want to get into bourbon a bit more without breaking the bank, but I also don't want to drink crap. I've heard good things about Buffalo Trace, and I recognize some of the more popular names on the list (Knob Creek, Jim Beam, Evan Williams) but I don't know if I'm getting the equivalent of a Budweiser in a bourbon.

Thanks guys!

Knob Creek- Pretty smooth, not much of a kick at the end. Kind of a floral taste.

1792 Ridgemont Reserve- My personal favorite of that list

Bookers- Very strong for Whisky at 64.2% alcohol. I have a bottle of my own, and it takes a man to drink it straight

Basil Haydens- Small batch, related to Knob Creek and Bookers

Archived