• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2010 Stanley Cup Finals!

DirtyMagic97

What's interesting is that Philly was there with Chicago the entire way. If they had been beaten pretty badly it'd be one thing, but I have to think that Philly is pumped because they know they can play with those guys.

Chicago is supposed to win at home, and the fact that it was close in the first game is encouraging for them.

That being said, both teams have some minor worrying to do with the goalie situation. If one of them gets hot and the other doesn't, it'll be a short series for the team who can't get goalie help.

The difference could be that Philadelphia has more cards to play. Leighton and Boucher have both been hot at times during these playoffs. Niemi has too, but if they have to play Huet its over. He's terrible.

The difference could be that Philadelphia has more cards to play. Leighton and Boucher have both been hot at times during these playoffs. Niemi has too, but if they have to play Huet its over. He's terrible.

Agreed. If Niemi doesn't get it going and they have to put Huet in, they may be doomed. It's going to be interesting.

imagine that team with a rock star goalie? They'd be unstoppable I think...all that fire power up front, strong young defense...they are a #1 goalie away from being a dynasty to deal with. Price/Halak in the offseason?

imagine that team with a rock star goalie? They'd be unstoppable I think...all that fire power up front, strong young defense...they are a #1 goalie away from being a dynasty to deal with. Price/Halak in the offseason?

If they had a #1 goalie, they would definitely be the new Red Wings. I'd love to see someone overthrow Detroit in that aspect. Maybe they will spend some money on a good between the pipes guy.

I don't think Price has what it takes to be a #1. Maybe if he goes and plays for Tampa Bay or something where nobody will watch him, he can get it together.

But yes, Chicago is a strong goaltender away from being completely unstoppable. Goaltending was their achilles heel during the regular season.

The most underrated thing about Chicago is their defense. Their forwards get a lot of press, because they're young and flashy. But their defensemen are incredibly solid, and are a big reason why they were able to win despite having poor goaltending a lot of nights.

Well I guess I should have worded that differently. I think he could find a starting job elsewhere, but I don't think he has the potential to be an exceptional player. There's just something about him mentally. Not sure what. He certainly has all the physical tools. Probably shell shocked from playing in Montreal. :lol:

Archived