• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Red ring 'o death

guigrrl

For the people who have done this before I am curious do you have to have your original receipt for the xbox in order for them to fix the RROD?

What he said and also, do you have to pay money to get it fixed IF: it has been past one year AND you did not buy insurance?

What he said and also, do you have to pay money to get it fixed IF: it has been past one year AND you did not buy insurance?

Microsoft extended the manufacture warranty to 3 years so you should be able to get it fixed free of charge. Just register your Xbox at the support page, and if you don't have a receipt the manufacture number on the back of your 360 should determine whether your Xbox is eligible to be fixed or not.

i got rid of my 360 to get a wii. i enjoy it much more. before that though I had my 360 around three years. 2 rings in that time, and it went the same way that others have said. receive the box, ship, receive a different console. 3 weeks go by. they give you a live card good for a month to compensate for the lost time. why can't they just send a new console to begin with and you send them the broken one?

i also tried to get a black one in place of the other the second time. i argued that it couldn't cost any more, and that it would look better with all the other stuff in my entertainment center, and it was the second time i had been inconvenienced. no dice though.

i got rid of my 360 to get a wii. i enjoy it much more. before that though I had my 360 around three years. 2 rings in that time, and it went the same way that others have said. receive the box, ship, receive a different console. 3 weeks go by. they give you a live card good for a month to compensate for the lost time. why can't they just send a new console to begin with and you send them the broken one?

i also tried to get a black one in place of the other the second time. i argued that it couldn't cost any more, and that it would look better with all the other stuff in my entertainment center, and it was the second time i had been inconvenienced. no dice though.

I'd get a Wii too... if I was 8

i've been playing video games since i was around 8, and the wii has to be the funnest console i have ever owned. people rip on its cartooniness, but there is no better console for being interactive. my days of getting phucked up and playing halo online for hours are over.

it is more than the arcade 360 which I am sure you know has no hard drive. who wants a console that has no saving capability?

You can get a 20gig and wireless controller from M$ for like 35 bucks so yeah. You can get 360's off Dell or somewhere for like 168.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived