• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anderson playing strong and confident

scpanther22

Entering his fifth NFL season, Anderson has finally settled in to a spot in the linebacking corps. During Carolina's post-draft minicamp and summer school sessions, he has lined up as the starting strongside linebacker. He said the time spent playing all three positions has been good preparation and that this defense fits him well.

"It feels good to know that you go out there with the first group and have a spot. But in our defense, we've got to have versatile backers, so I still play pretty much all three spots," Anderson said.

"This defense suits a backer who can run and hit. I fit that physically. Playing the (strongside) linebacker, that's a guy that has do all of the dirty work. He's got to be able to take on blockers. He's got to cover the tight end. I feel like I'm suited to do all those things. I'm a little bit bigger this year as well as faster, so it plays into what I do well."

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/Anderson-playing-strong-and-confident/4094d971-0a5e-4517-a455-76b00dc2477b

yeah people were hoping he'd be an immediate spoon replacement. I didn't read up on him very much I never knew it would take this long.

I think he'll play well.

People seem to think that because he's more athletic than Connor then he must not be as good in run support but I think he'll actually be better in both areas.

Archived