• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

what..the hell is this

DudeNamedJeremy

Avatar is a good movie because it's incredibly well made. The plot isn't exactly world changing, but the movie's execution was superb.

Agreed, lets be real. The plot isn't awful: there is a decent amount of foreshadowing and a good message. People love to criticize avatar for its plot, but that now that just seems like the popular thing to do. There are plenty of movies out there that have worse plots that aren't constantly criticized because they aren't as big of a target as avatar. The point being is that people who didn't like Avatar couldn't just say it was a "bad movie", because they knew it wasn't. So they attacked its relatively simple plot-line, and it caught fire among critics.

Back to mortal kombat. Why the heck was Scorpions' tool made out of medal?

Agreed, lets be real. The plot isn't awful: there is a decent amount of foreshadowing and a good message. People love to criticize avatar for its plot, but that now that just seems like the popular thing to do. There are plenty of movies out there that have worse plots that aren't constantly criticized because they aren't as big of a target as avatar. The point being is that people who didn't like Avatar couldn't just say it was a "bad movie", because they knew it wasn't. So they attacked its relatively simple plot-line, and it caught fire among critics.

Back to mortal kombat. Why the heck was Scorpions' tool made out of medal?

Of course it wasn't a bad movie. It wasn't a movie worth being the highest grossing of all time though. Plenty FAR superior movies out there that take more than just willingness to spend millions upon millions to overwhelm viewers with visuals. Distracting them from the lack of an original plot. Give me $300 million and I bet I can make a good movie.

Archived