• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post game yell, scream and swear area

Hawk

Pretty sad huh? In three years, actually since Del Rio left. No growth on this team. They play exactly the same. Even with new running backs and recievers. It's the same f*cking team. Yeah, there is no Foster to fumble it. Or Colbert to not catch it. We got Jake to turn the ball over now. And we got Jarrett to be the invisible man.

This team is pathetic and maybe it is time for Fox to go. IDK but I do know I am tried of teams like Atlanta and Arizona getting better every year and we stand still.

f*ck...

I know this is the "let off steam" thread, but to suggest "teams like Atlanta and Arizona getting better every year and we stand still" is ridiculous.

Since 2003, here is Arizona's rise to prominance:

03 - 4-12

04 - 6-10

05 - 5-11

06 - 5-11

07 - 8-8

08 - 9-7

So, they did get better in '07. They became average. And this year, they were slightly better than average. I agree that our defense blows, and Jake stunk it up last night...but on the whole, this organization has been better than most over the same period of time. I wont take the time to look it up, but off the top of my head, it seems as though only a handful of clubs have been CONSISTENTLY better than Carolina.

They would be Indy, New England, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Tampa to a degree. Otherwise, we are as successful or more successful than every other team in the league. Its simply true!

But again, I agree that there need to be heads rolling on the defensive coaching staff. I can't take the underperformance, and/or scheme any longer. It has to go.

I know this is the "let off steam" thread, but to suggest "teams like Atlanta and Arizona getting better every year and we stand still" is ridiculous.

Since 2003, here is Arizona's rise to prominance:

03 - 4-12

04 - 6-10

05 - 5-11

06 - 5-11

07 - 8-8

08 - 9-7

So, they did get better in '07. They became average. And this year, they were slightly better than average. I agree that our defense blows, and Jake stunk it up last night...but on the whole, this organization has been better than most over the same period of time. I wont take the time to look it up, but off the top of my head, it seems as though only a handful of clubs have been CONSISTENTLY better than Carolina.

They would be Indy, New England, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Tampa to a degree. Otherwise, we are as successful or more successful than every other team in the league. Its simply true!

But again, I agree that there need to be heads rolling on the defensive coaching staff. I can't take the underperformance, and/or scheme any longer. It has to go.

Yup... you are freakin genius...:iagree:

Jake has value at backup QB but not at the cash he is making. We all fell in love with the Jake fairytale in 2003 and have been trying to relive it every year. truth is, Cohwer wouldnt start jake ever.

FYI....Cowher did start Kordell Stewart and went to the SB with Neil O'Donnell. All of the things I was pissed about have been mentioned on the board somewhere, so I won't go into repeating it. But, there was one thing that really pissed me off.......how come the game has to be lost before we run different schemes on defense and run screen passes on offense? And how come "Double Trouble" weren't in the same backfield last nite just to give the D something to think about? :mad:

Hahahahahahaha...that is what all of you Carolina fans get for underestimating the Cardinals. Having looked at most of the posts from your board this past week I saw lines such as "Panthers are 8-0 at home, Cardinals are 0-5 on the East coast, I'm not scared of this game at all."

You guys really aren't that good...hahahhaha

A total embarrassment...however, it looks like all the top-seeded playoff teams are going down this weekend. PHL-BAL super bowl coming I bet.

As for next year, I think our defense right now is a disgrace, as are the defensive coaches. I'm not sure where to start, but changes are necessary! Jake, despite the dreadful performance last night, stays.

We all know that on any given Sunday, any given team in the league can beat any other. That's why I believe that momentum has a whole lot to do with the outcome of these games, especially during the playoffs where the teams are more equally matched. The funny thing about momentum is that it can change with the wind. One minute, it's your greatest blessing, and the very next, it's your worst nightmare. Last night was a prime example of that. We take the opening drive in dominant fashion and score a touchdown. The crowd is pumped and the players are charged up. Then what? Dimwit (the kicker) kicks the ball out of bounds and gives Warner the ball on his own 40 yard line. Now that might sound like a subtle thing and granted, we did stop the Cardinals that series, but as one of the FOX commentators pointed out later on in the half; up to that point, we had lost the battle for field position. That set the stage for the first turnover inside our own 20 when somebody knocked the damned ball out of Jake's hand. This happened mind you right after Arizona had scored their first TD. So we went from looking strong and confident with the crowd firmly behind us to being back on our heels and the crowd taken somewhat out of the game. Arizona, on the other hand, got a huge boost for their confidence, but more importantly, they had stolen the momentum. And with each ensuing f*ck-up (on our part), the strength of that momentum grew more and more in their favor. Warner then, took full advantage of every mistake. Not only that but when we weren't turning the ball over, our offense couldn't move it. I remember one situation in the first half where we had a 1st and 5 and ended up having to punt. The defense wasn't much better. Who the hell was covering Fitzgerald btw? But to be honest, Fitzgerald wasn't the main issue for me. You take a look at the dynamic QB/WR duos in the NFL (Brady/Moss, P. Manning/Harrison, E. Manning/Toomer, Breeze/Moore, Warner/Fitzgerald, Delhomme/Smith). Who is really able to completely shut those combos down? You might contain them to a point, but they are going to burn you sooner or later. We saw that with Jake and Steve Smith this year. I think our secondary did need to cover Fitzgerald more closely last night, but did you notice what happened when we blitzed Warner? He wasn't nearly as effective. He had to hurry throws; his timing was off, etc. And to add to that, he's not the most mobile guy. I don't know why we didn't take more advantage of that. It was pretty obvious that what we were doing wasn't working. As far as I'm concerned, we could have double-teamed every Cardinal receiver out there, but with only a three or four man rush and time enough for Warner to have a steak dinner on every play, it wouldn't have mattered a bit. With that kind of time, a QB of his caliber is going to eat you alive.

Well it's all history now, and as I close this note, I take a certain amount of solace in the fact that Philadelphia has just beaten the NY Giants (not that Philadelphia deserves jack). I'm just glad we aren't the only ranked team that had to make an unexpected exit from the playoffs. It has been a strange postseason for sure. Who would have thought that the Titans (13-3), the Colts (12-4), the Giants (12-4), and the Panthers (12-4) would all already be out of the playoffs, and that the Chargers (8-8), the Cardinals (9-7), and the Eagles (9-6-1) would still be in? There must be something to the notion that teams with inferior records have more of an incentive to play hard in the playoffs because they figure they don't have sh*t to lose. It's a hard fact that you don't have to be the best team to win a Super Bowl. You just have to be the best on that day.

One thing that I really think hurt Jake and helped the Cards was something that was out of their control: breaks in the game.

When Steve Smith was interfered with on that deep pass at the end of the first quarter, the break in between the quarters slowed down the momentum. I think this effected Jake and he threw an int.

Another time I can think of is the RIDICULOUSLY long Punt, Pass and Kick trophy presentation at the beginning of the fourth. Why would FOX feel the need to stop a game for 15 minutes to give kids a trophy? Do that in the pregame or something, but not during the middle of a football game. This killed what momentum we had on that drive and the result was another int in the endzone.

There is 14 possible points taken away largely impart to wasted momentum. Those points would have put us in great position to win the game. However, Jake still shouldn't have thrown the INT's. I think he is over the hill in his career and the Panthers should be setting themselves up to get a premiere QB in 2010. We can live with Delhomme one more year so we can gain some draft picks, and get some other key players re-signed.

I'm thinking the Panthers should prepare now to make a play for Matt Cassell, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger or Eli Manning in 2010. For giggles, they could also draft The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Archived