• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much does last year's success translate to this year?

twylyght

Most of the guys that we are counting on to step up played a ton during that 5 game streak of success. Harris, Peppers, Hoover, and Moose are the only guys I can think of who won't be here. Peppers is the only one who I think we won't be able to replace without dropoff.

Then when you add in we were without Otah, Williams, and Gross the majority of the time. 3 guys who are all in top 5 or 10 territory at their positions.

It's true that the team will need to develop some chemistry as a unit, but all these guys have played together before and very recently. I think the biggest holes left are in leadership where a few people will need to step up. We draft pretty high character guys so I don't think it's going to be a problem finding a few more leaders.

Harris, Peppers, Hoover, and Moose are the only guys I can think of who won't be here. Peppers is the only one who I think we won't be able to replace without dropoff.

You forgot Damione Lewis, Nail Diggs, and Keydrick Vincent, also Hollis Thomas was in that starting line up.

So yes we are only missing both of our starting defensive tackles, our Pro-Bowl defensive end , our fullback, strong side linebacker, our second wide reciever, right guard, and our strong saftey from that run.

Thats only seven starters, and its not like any of them played very important posistions....

I didn't forget them. I left them off because I think their replacements are better. Moose, Harris and Hoover are the only guys who I think will be difficult to replace.

Schwartz and Bernadeau plaed great at tackle. Moving inside is usually not detremental to a tackle's abilities. It can even make them look better.

I have faith that Anderson can replace Diggs. Connor could do ok, better than Johnson.

I think Louis can replace Thomas. Tyler isn't really in the Lewis mold but Lewis wasn't any more than average. Average isn't hard to replace

Then you add in the return of Otah, Gross, and Williams. We've hyad a lot of turnover but the replacements are pretty confident.

Archived