• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jared Staal to start with the Checkers

Jared Staal, the last of four hockey-playing Staal brothers still needs some work before he is NHL ready.

Staal was a acquired in a deal with Phoenix last season and will start the 2010-11 campaign in Charlotte, the Hurricanes' new AHL affiliate. Jared needs to add some speed and muscle to his game before he will be a legitimate candidate for the Canes' roster. Even when he does arrive in the NHL, his upside is limited as he does not have the scoring knack of either Eric or Jordan.

Source: Raleigh News and Observer

Jared Staal, the last of four hockey-playing Staal brothers still needs some work before he is NHL ready.

Staal was a acquired in a deal with Phoenix last season and will start the 2010-11 campaign in Charlotte, the Hurricanes' new AHL affiliate. Jared needs to add some speed and muscle to his game before he will be a legitimate candidate for the Canes' roster. Even when he does arrive in the NHL, his upside is limited as he does not have the scoring knack of either Eric or Jordan.

Source: Raleigh News and Observer

Yea he certainly doesn't. But he is only 19 (I think). He has some room to grow both mentally and physically before he can be considered for the 'Canes roster. He will most likely turn into a more defensive-minded forward if he ever gets called up.

Yea he certainly doesn't. But he is only 19 (I think). He has some room to grow both mentally and physically before he can be considered for the 'Canes roster. He will most likely turn into a more defensive-minded forward if he ever gets called up.

I don't think that was neccessary comment by the News and Observer though. I hope Jared see's this and works his @ss of to prove them wrong.

I don't think that was neccessary comment by the News and Observer though. I hope Jared see's this and works his @ss of to prove them wrong.

Yea, they definitely shouldn't have said that, but it certainly is the case. He likely only got drafted because he is a Staal. He clearly isn't a poor player, but I'd be surprised to see the 'Canes call him up at all.

lol the only Staal with anything close to a scoring knack is Eric. Jordan is a much better defensive forward than he is a scorer.

Whatever, I can't wait to go see Jared play this winter.

Yea, I agree I wouldn't say Jordan has a scoring knack, but he is definitely a threat. Especially since he is a premiere penalty kill guy. He is without a doubt more of a defensive forward than anything, but he is still a threat to score on occasion.

Archived