• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Droid X

Darth Biscuit

i get the random restarts from time to time. i use swype. i like the colors. the battery life is better. my desktops don't lose the icons.

overall i like it better, but i do miss some of the stuff that i had when i was rooted. the little bit of reading i've done says there is no easy root app that will work on froyo, the way that z4root did on gingerbread.

Another thing I hate with a passion. The same apps on the bottom of every single page. I dont want those there! I want just the 4 like I had last time. Really pisses me off that it won't allow me to take them off there and customize it like I had it before.

sounds like you just need to spend a little more time getting to know your phone boo. i have the four key things down there. dialer, browser, texter, and app drawer.

by default it has contacts instead of the browser, but you can drop whatever you want in there. just drag the icon to it.

i like always having those 4 things there because its what i use most.

sounds like you just need to spend a little more time getting to know your phone boo. i have the four key things down there. dialer, browser, texter, and app drawer.

by default it has contacts instead of the browser, but you can drop whatever you want in there. just drag the icon to it.

i like always having those 4 things there because its what i use most.

No, you have to have all 8 on there now. Unless biscuit was wrong when he told me that I have to have those 4 at the bottom of every single page. Trust me I tried to delete them off there and they wouldn't.

So, you are saying if I drop something else in there I can replace them? Then if I do that can I delete the other ones on the top row? I dont need fuging 8 things on my main page....just 4 like I had before.

they are the same on all 7 screens. not sure if you want that to be different on them all or not. if you do i think you are SOL. i think its called the dock, and its meant to always be there. there are some themes and launchers out there that will allow you to hide it.

anyway. my four are the ones i always want to use. phone with contacts first, then skyfire, handcent and the app drawer.

just hold the icon for whatever app you want to put in one of those spots, drag and drop.

Hidden

Other than the issues I had when I originally installed, I'm much happier with Gingerbread than I was with Froyo. My battery life is at least 50% better.

The only real issue I've found is with Handcent and Swype not recognizing contracted words like "they're" and "don't" that it used to with acknowledge with no issues.

Other than the issues I had when I originally installed, I'm much happier with Gingerbread than I was with Froyo. My battery life is at least 50% better.

The only real issue I've found is with Handcent and Swype not recognizing contracted words like "they're" and "don't" that it used to with acknowledge with no issues.

Archived