• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Droid X

Darth Biscuit

Most of it was upgrades I was due with that New Every Two thing. Then I get a company discount, and it just so happened that they were running a Back to School promo for all smartphones when I was in there first of this month which knocked another $75 off.

Problem is I paid for it on 8/2 and it's just getting delivered today.

Pretty much same as me.

Wifey was getting me the X for my bday.

$100 credit

50$ back2school credit

her dad pitched in $50

so she payed 10$ lol

checked this thing out last week. I want one. But i have a large problem....

My Storm1 broke a few months ago, so i replaced it with a Storm 2, which counted as an upgrade. Now, its a year or more till i can upgrade, so if i want the phone i have to pay full retail, which is over $500.

Ive thought about threatening to leave, telling vzw im going to ATT and get an iphone since i cant get a droid. It would cost me $300 to buy out...

I spend $140 or so a month on phone bill, so youd think they would want to keep my business....but they are probably too stupid to do the math.

the one issue im concerned about is the email. Our IT guy said on occasion the Droids flip out and they have to re do every thing.

Blackberry is still the best at email...but thats about it. The storm is ok, but its not up to par with Droid or iPhone

Agree... I've heard that the Evo is cool, but Sprint sucks donkey ass here... I had it back about 5 years ago and the coverage was horrible.

you don't think they've done anything to improve in that time?

Just curious but why? That is what I am about to do when our contract expires next month and I don't want to regret it. Will save me about $50 a month by going to Sprint.

not sure how the service is where I am, or where I may possibly be in the future. their new $69 unlimited plan seems like it would save me a decent amount of money though.

you don't think they've done anything to improve in that time?

I don't know... I'm sure they've worked on it, but that's the only thing I know about them. When I had Sprint, you could walk in the Monkey Junction Walmart and lose coverage... I would lose coverage about 15 miles west of Wilmington going towards Charlotte and coverage was non-existent past Jacksonville on Hwy17.

Archived