• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for all pink slipping Jake fans

carolinaAl

I still favor Moore, for the simple reason that presently, we have a system that would friendly to a young qb, as we have a great #1 wr, a capable veteran #2 wr, a running game that takes a lot of pressure off of the qb (and wasn't used to its strengths against the Cardinals well enough), and a competent o-line.

Furthermore, Moore did show a tendency to do a better job of going through his reads in his three games than Delhomme did last year.

The thing that does scare me about Moore, though, is that he looked very awkward this preseason.

Ultimately, I don't know that there is a fix for this, this year--It would be nice to lose Delhomme's cap hit, but there are no feasible replacements that I can tell. Getting Collins is not an upgrade, and Cassell simply wouldn't happen.

I guess I can kind of understand the mentality that some fans have. If any of us had a day at work as bad as Jake did on Saturday, we'd probably be fired. It's frustrating to put your time and effort behind cheering for a team and see a season go up in smoke in three hours. You want a scapegoat and the guy with six turnovers sticks out with a 'kick me' sign on his back. Now you have to wait eight months just to go back to square one and you're not sure you can do it again, not with the anger and dissapointment you're feeling.

I want to see Jake Delhomme win the Super Bowl, he really deserves it. But we could make a line from Charlotte to Charleston with the guys who have played in this league that deserved a ring and never got one.

Is Bill Cowher the answer? Does he even want to be?

Does firing Trgovac really make the defense better?

Knowing Jake's limitations, is it worth the risk to replace him with another QB who may or may not succeed?

I don't know.

One thing. I really enjoyed watching the Panthers this season for the most part. When they were great, it was as good as I've seen them play. When they were bad, it was like a college team was out there. I want to watch that great team again in 2009. I guess we'll have to see how it all works out.

Best QB in Panther history.

And a really really bad Playoff game. Everyone needs to settle down, does anyone remember last year? You people are nuts. We surely need to be grooming someone, maybe it is Moore or McCown, and I would expect if we don't do anything in the off season, Jake will be in his final year, and if he starts to play like he did in the playoffs he would be yanked for 1 of them.

Steve Beaurline(sp) is the best QB we've ever had just a quick look at his stats made me cringe at what he could have done with this amount of talent assembled around him, the man made Patrick Jeffers of all people look like a probowler, never had a runningback top 800 yards in a season still was able to pass it all over the field.

He and Smith would have been a thing of beauty!

I think many are overthinking the situation way too much. Yes, Jake played a God awful game on Saturday but he's only human. Everyone has off days and makes mistakes. It just sucks to say that Jake played the worst game of his career against a mediocre Arizona team in Charlotte. It's just bad luck and that is all there is to it. Jake made Arizona look like a better football team than they really are. All in all though, he is an descent quarterback.

Does anybody know how good Matt Moore is? I know he did OK in a few games last season, but other than that, we really don't know much about him.

I know there are were ONLY TWO undrafted free agents starting at QB this season.

One just help lose our game and the other wooped our ass.

I dont want to fringe my future on more. Give Jake a 2 years contract and unless we can get him this season draft a QB #1 in 2010.

Its time for us to go get our future QB.

Jake is a great leader and seems like a nice guy....but he is an average QB.

I've been an avid supporter of him since the day he replaced Rodney Peete in our '03 season but he is like a lawn sprinkler.....sometimes he is on...sometimes off.....the Panthers have to find a franchise qb in the offseason.

There have been a lot of us who have been saying for years that he's an AVERAGE QB who has major leadership skills. I don't quite know what to say after that debacle, but he is still a leader and there don't seem to be many options on the horizon. The coaching sucked, but I attribute that more to assistants than the head coach. I guess we'll see...

i'm tired of the dumb excuses for jake ENOUGH why should you be payed to play like some radical high school senior.jake isn't the guy for us clearly and there lots of reasons for that.No one to replace him....i rather throw moore,mccown,or losman in there before jake again.

WOW!! THAAAAANNNKKK U!!!!

As Panther fans we should EXCEPT HIM NO LONGER!! He's had his shot, and blew it , more than one time. If it was anybody else he would've BEEN gone so....Panther fans..STAND UP ..time for Jake TO GO!! If u have no other reason...look at Saturday, and then look at how we look today. Quit defending dude and face the music...had we replaced Jake 2 years ago?...we'd be playing Saturday. JOSH MCCOWN is our second string quarterback ...NOT MATT MOORE!! Play Josh all pre - season..leave his a$$ in there if he does well...if not...I don't even want Jake as a backup!!!!

Dude, with Mccown or Moore in all season long, we would have never made it to 12-4. Jake Delhomme is the best quarterback we have, period.

if I went in2 work tomorrow..and broke 2 rules...1 of em' 5 times and the other 1 time..I would get written up ..or terminated...and drug tested. Atleast make him piss!

Archived