• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tubing/Canoeing

Johnny Rockets

too me, Deep Creek would be too far for a daytrip. If your up there already then sure...but as others pointed out, its shallow if it hasnt had any recent rain, and if its rained, it will probably be a little faster than youd want to tube (for child).

If you want a little action and not all flat water, the Lower Green is probably the best and closest.

You could also head to boone and tube the New River, which is very mild. Heard its nice or small kids.

Look at the bottom of the link

http://www.wahoosadventures.com/wahoos/

Nice, been down that strectch a few times, never the full length. I actually prefer the strectch from Dillsboro down towards Cherokee. The river is deeper and wider (not as many butt scrapes on rocks). Damn, that's been some year's ago.

Never did that stretch. But you are right about the butt scrapes upriver. The beer made it all OK though.

too me, Deep Creek would be too far for a daytrip. If your up there already then sure...but as others pointed out, its shallow if it hasnt had any recent rain, and if its rained, it will probably be a little faster than youd want to tube (for child).

If you want a little action and not all flat water, the Lower Green is probably the best and closest.

You could also head to boone and tube the New River, which is very mild. Heard its nice or small kids.

Look at the bottom of the link

http://www.wahoosadventures.com/wahoos/

Thanks Saint....wahoos looks perfect, going to book something for Monday.

Sounds like I will go this route. Just wanting a nice easy stroll down the river since my little girl is already a bit hesitant. Taking a day off work Monday and heading up there.

Deep Creek sounds like a death trap especially for a tiny, 6 year old girl.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

If you're going to West Jefferson check out the Riverhouse Inn. They have cabins to rent as well at the B&B. It's right along the river, hence the name. They have canoes, or did when I was there last and would take you and your group to a drop point via van and drop you and picnic basket off. River would be an easy ride for your daughter and you get off right back at the house. Maybe a 2 to 3 hour deal( can't remember honestly how long)

Archived