• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I had a good night last night...

Darth Biscuit

this may sound selfish, but the hell with it.

the wife is trying to sell me on her being home all the time once I get us to the right income. argues she'll have all the chores done, with exception of mowing, and dinner will be on the table when I get home. i just don't see this happening even when the kid gets to preschool age. she'll be worn out from taking care of the kid, and i'll come home to make my dinner, wash my clothes, yada yada ya, and not have time for the kid because of the amount of responsibility I've taken on.

i pray it doesn't happen that way.

I would love to tell you that you are wrong in your assumptions but I can't. Each situation is different though so who knows. One thing I do know is that if you go into with resentment it will cause problems down the road and it will eat at you every time you have to make your own dinner or wash your clothes.

What you need to look at is the benefit to your kid that having your wife home provides and to remember a happy wife is a happy life.

I say this, but I still struggle with many of the things you mentioned at times, none of which I expected to be an issue.

she'll have all the chores done, with exception of mowing, and dinner will be on the table when I get home.

They all make that argument, and it happens, but it only last for so long. 1 year into you go from having dinner when you get home to pulling a hot pocket out of the fridge, the kids are running around screaming like crazy, there are toys everywhere, and she's sitting on the couch watching tivo'd episodes of Oprah while wearing the same robe she's had on for the past 3 days.

They all make that argument, and it happens, but it only last for so long. 1 year into you go from having dinner when you get home to pulling a hot pocket out of the fridge, the kids are running around screaming like crazy, there are toys everywhere, and she's sitting on the couch watching tivo'd episodes of Oprah while wearing the same robe she's had on for the past 3 days.

i'll take tv service down to nothing but rabbit ears if thats the case

this may sound selfish, but the hell with it.

the wife is trying to sell me on her being home all the time once I get us to the right income. argues she'll have all the chores done, with exception of mowing, and dinner will be on the table when I get home. i just don't see this happening even when the kid gets to preschool age. she'll be worn out from taking care of the kid, and i'll come home to make my dinner, wash my clothes, yada yada ya, and not have time for the kid because of the amount of responsibility I've taken on.

i pray it doesn't happen that way.

Our house is very clean 90% of the time and I cook dinner most nights. Laundry on the other hand still gets behind at times. I hate doing it!!!!

And it's been like that for years. No way will I stay home part time and not carry more responsibilities around the house.

I don't mind doing laundry, I just hate the fold and put away part of it... :rolleyes:

I actually do all of my own laundry, as the wife is laundry deficient... she likes to mix colors and types too much, and I've had too many nice shirts ruined... she may do it on purpose, but she still does all of her laundry and most of the boys stuff.

The deal last night was part of our "new" schedule... she wants to go to the gym more, so she gets Monday and Thursday and I get Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and we can both go on the weekend.

I'm hoping more exercise will increase her libido... :ihih: What do you think?

I'm lucky...my wife actually enjoys folding clothes!!! We get behind once in a while on cleaning etc around my house...but we have hired someone that comes in every couple weeks to clean and that has changed our attitude and priority alot. Funny that we clean more because we have a cleaner!!!!

Archived