• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I had a good night last night...

Darth Biscuit

Went for a walk with my boys, played ball in the yard, cooked dinner then watched MNF while we played computer games...

Before bed my oldest, who is almost 15, decided that he was ready to learn how to shave... so I showed him how to shave off his budding mustache...

I don't get to spend as much time with them like that as I would like so it was cool.

I know what you mean.. I hate that by the time I get off work I want the kids in bed in 3 hours. Of course it'll be a while before I teach DJ to shave, but still... I try to spend as much time with them on weekends as I can, but I try to go make money then too. Need to make twice as much loot working half the time and I'd be allright...

Thats awesome _biscuit..

Went for a walk with my boys, played ball in the yard, cooked dinner then watched MNF while we played computer games...

Before bed my oldest, who is almost 15, decided that he was ready to learn how to shave... so I showed him how to shave off his budding mustache...

I don't get to spend as much time with them like that as I would like so it was cool.

Good on ya Biscuit! My son and I are best friends and I try to spend as much time with him as I can. Even at 17 we still hang out almost everyday. We go to the gym, play tennis, basketball, watch sports together, etc. He still spends lots of time with his friends and such but we still have our time also which is cool especially at this age. Gonna be hard for me when he leaves for college next year....real hard.

Now it is my 6 year old girl that I have a hard time relating to at times. I have never seen someone love someone so much as she loves her mother, hard to compete with that. We do our daddy/daughter things, but in the end I know she wants to be with her mom. I know my day will come with her though.

We took a trip up to the New River yesterday to do one last thing together before they go back to school and I couldn't help but to watch them float down the river and wonder where the time has gone. It certainly goes by fast.

jokes aside. i look forward to being a father. i don't look forward to missing out on things because I have to be the sole provider.

I struggled with this for a while, but there's nothing better for my boy than having his mom with him instead of a daycare. It's hard, no doubt, but very rewarding.

and Biscuit, good for you man.

good luck man. save every last dime you can now. I though I was sitting pretty with what I had in savings but it disappeared in about 3 months.

also, you don't need half the crap they say you do. Changing table, one thousand newborn outfits, 10 cases of size 1 diapers, 12 tubes of butt paste, and 2k toys.

all not needed

my boys favorite toys right now are a plastic serving spoon, a cardboard box, and a pillow

knew it was better than daycare. especially with what i have heard they charge. i'm just gonna have to keep the positive in mind, and not let her not working stress me out.

That's a good point... with what daycare costs, it's not really worth her working unless she makes $50 grand or more...

When people ask you what you want for a gift, tell them diapers or gift cards.

Archived