• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Earl

Darth Biscuit

Hopefully it will not at all be similar to Hugo. Hugo was a direct hit on the SC coast. Earl looks to be grazing the coast of NC and traveling north, or so the tracker reads.

What I find interesting/discouraging, to this day over 20 years later, we still dont know much about hurricanes or how to realistically track them!

The old timers still talk about Hazel.

I live in Wilson, and we got hit hard by Fran and Floyd. With Fran, the ground was already saturated from Bertha so we had trees and power lines down everywhere. Floyd was all the flooding from rain, not so bad winds.

Hazel was bad... like an 18' storm surge on the Brunswick Beaches... The eye of Bonnie, Bertha, Fran and Floyd all passed directly over my house... not too much damage, just lost a few trees and lots of limbs... it rained 25" in 24 hours here during Floyd, but ironically we didn't get that much flooding other than near the creeks.

The thing I'm worried about now is that we haven't had even a moderate storm in several years... lots of old and dead trees and limbs that will come down if we have a big one now.

Work email just said it has moved further west.

The High Pressure system that is supposed to move it out to see more is not where it needs to be.

Going to Lowes today to get some stuffs, need to have it anyways and it will be crazy tomorrow/thursday.

Archived