• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Earl

Darth Biscuit

Hurricanes every once in a while > freezing your ass off every winter.

my house has never blown away and I've got more than enough clothes to stay warm all winter long....plus there is the added benefit of...

it's cold out tonight, let's light the fire, throw in a movie and get comfy on the couch!!!!

way better than....

holy crap, it's a hurricane...you run to the store to deal with thousands of other people trying to stock up on water and bread while I stay here and nail plywood to all the windows, then we'll hide in the cellar and watch helpessly as our house blows away....again!

my house has never blown away and I've got more than enough clothes to stay warm all winter long....plus there is the added benefit of...

it's cold out tonight, let's light the fire, throw in a movie and get comfy on the couch!!!!

way better than....

holy crap, it's a hurricane...you run to the store to deal with thousands of other people trying to stock up on water and bread while I stay here and nail plywood to all the windows, then we'll hide in the cellar and watch helpessly as our house blows away....again!

Sex in a 120MPH wind > Sex on the couch... :P

Down here in Houston we just had Ike 2 years ago, completely wiped out the coastline (which included my sister's house on Galveston's unprotected West End), and that was only a cat-2. The NHC is posting new advisories within the next hour, and I'll put up another write-up shortly thereafter. Right now I'd expect a cat-3 to either make landfall, or at least close enough to send hurricane-force winds to shore.

way better than....

Dude, I certainly understand where you are coming from.....but come on.

Living on the Ocean > Living anywhere else

Archived