• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Fox: Keep Delhomme, he still has it

NewEnglandAFChamps

oh yeah, cause smith caught so many passes on saturday...o wait, he caught 0 in the first half.....

if delhomme stays, ill still cheer for him,unless he just gives up like he did on saturday, and my panthers, if they get rid of him.....i won't cry.

who would you replace him with?

who would you replace him with?

does it matter? John Fox Loves the man, he won't be leaving for a while. Personally i would just put in moore, why waste money on big names when you still don't know your other player's potentials, if he is bad....what would the difference be? i mean, we got into the playoffs because of williams and stewart, not delhomme

Jake would make a decent backup--nothing more. What about his arm strength has anything to do with his lack of pocket finesse, throwing off his back foot, not looking off db's, hanging receivers out to dry, etc, etc?? I'm fine keeping him as a backup, but anyone who thinks he'll "recover" is on crack.

i am not judgeing off 3-4 games a lot of jakes throws sail on him every game they are just not picked off. that and we have other play makers in the waiting if jake spreads the ball....jarret , barnidge,rosiaro,

How the fug is he suppose to spread the ball to Jarrett and Barnidge?

Jarrett barely plays and Barnidge never plays .

And keeping Jake is just slow death. Jake sucks and its time to start holding him accountable for that. When DeShaun started putting the ball on the ground, fans wanted him gone. When Ken Lucas started getting burnt like toast people started yelling for him to go. So why does Jake simply because he's a QB get a pass on his sh*tty play? Either today or in the future there will be a QB to replace Jake so this "the franchise is doomed forever if Jake isnt the QB" mess is GARBAGE. Im not kissing nobodys ass on the Panthers that doesnt perform well just because of the position they play. WE NEED A NEW QB!!!

Life is a slow death... ...depending on how you want to look at it...

Getting rid of Jake would be suicide because there is no one proven enough to replace him with THIS YEAR unless you want to:

a - get an older QB (Garcia/Warner -who will probably be resigned by AZ anyway)

b - get a flash in the pan possibly QB (Cassel - who will probably be franchised by NE anyway)

c - get another David Carr experiment (Anderson)

d - get a QB through draft (but who? If so, he better be good considering our limited # of picks and our glaring needs on the Defensive Line)

The best of QB's have had horrible games.

Remember Rich Gannon in the Super Bowl? 5 picks.

John Elway, second super bowl... 3 picks.

After Montana came back from a back injury in 1986 and threw more picks than interceptions for the only time in his career.

Those are just off the top of my head..

When you think about what Jake has had to come back from this year, he did a pretty damn good job. Unfortunately he also had his worst game of his career on one of the Panthers biggest stages.

Moral of the story.. our options are VERY limited this year. Next year might be a different story. Don't throw out a Panther "legend" because of 3-4 bad games when he has done more for this org. than any other QB that has been on a Panther roster in Panther history.

no need to get hostile man. you asked a question and i gave my opinion. nothing i said was far off, our rb's did amazing and our Qb played poorly, at least the last few games.

but you didn't answer the question.

We don't have what it takes to get Cassell, or any of the other FA QBs who are better than Jake. Our first draft pick won't get a rookie worthy of starting.

But let's cut Jake.

Smart.

Take a chance on a QB in the 2nd round. Even if the guy doesnt pan out it wouldnt be the first time we've used a 2nd round pick on a guy who's a bust (ex: Eric Shelton, Bruce Nelson, Keary Colbert, possibly Jarrett). Best case scenario we allow a young guy with a good arm to sit and watch for a year. The move would add pressure on Jake to perform and it gives the team a future face of the franchise. Quarterback is such an important position in this game. We need somebody who's gonna do a better job of taking care of the football and spreading the ball around to maximize the offense.

How the f*ck is he suppose to spread the ball to Jarrett and Barnidge?

Jarrett barely plays and Barnidge never plays .

jarrett had seen lots of playing time the last 3 or 4 games but whats the point when jake only throws to him 1 or 2 times....and barnidge could be a huge playmaker and we will never know because fox wont put him in and jake overthrew him the time when he was wide open....

When DeShaun started putting the ball on the ground, fans wanted him gone. When Ken Lucas started getting burnt like toast people started yelling for him to go. So why does Jake simply because he's a QB get a pass on his sh*tty play?

in the cases of foster and lucas, there were obviously better counterparts waiting to take over behind them.

deangelo was and is obviously better than foster yet rode the bench. Marshall, even though he regressed, would at least provide athleticism at the position, which is more than lucas can offer.

at qb, there's no obvious improvement to be made, due to the state of the free agent market, cap situation, and draft situation. it's disingenuous to compare jake to the lucas and foster situations.

at qb, there's no obvious improvement to be made, due to the state of the free agent market, cap situation, and draft situation. it's disingenuous to compare jake to the lucas and foster situations.

How do you know there's no chance for improvement? You dont. We had options with Foster and have an option with Lucas because we drafted players behind them. We've yet to do this for Delhomme. Time to start looking towards the future.

KT, I would agree if we had a first round pick next year, but we don't. I think we have to bide our time with Delhomme/Moore/McCown and then the FOLLOWING season we're going to have to find a QB replacement. If it's not a solid FA pickup then we are going to have to boot McCoy's dumb ass and get someone here who can develop young QB talent and draft a first rounder then. The next few years for us will be interesting, thats for sure. It is purely possible that Delhomme has been humbled enough by his last two playoff games that he has gained a new veteran level of concentration. Regardless, he's likely going to be the man for the next TWO years just because of the situation that Fox and Hurney have put us into.

I have said it before and I'll be clear again just for the BDJSers who will raise hell at ANY thing less than 100% positive post about Delhomme: I am a Panthers fan. 12-4 or 0-16 for 3 straight years, I'm not going anywhere. I'm saying that we have neglected to plan for the future at the QB position unless Matt Moore is really the answer and we just don't know it yet.

Archived