• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You can't make this stuff up

Mr. Scot

Romanowski looking to be a coach

High points...

Romanowski said he's been contacted by Broncos owner Pat Bowlen to come in for a meet-and-greet early next week with the 32-year-old coach who replaced Mike Shanahan.

He said no position has been promised. It's just a simple sit-down.

A team spokesman told The Associated Press on Thursday night the Broncos had no knowledge of a meeting scheduled with Romanowski.

Romanowski wants to be a coach someday. He even tried to persuade Bowlen to let him interview for the head coaching job after Shanahan was fired, creating an elaborate 30-page PowerPoint presentation. But he's never coached in the NFL and wasn't considered.

If a coaching spot isn't available on McDaniels' staff, Romanowski wouldn't mind being the Broncos' "performance" coordinator, overlooking the team's fitness and health. He's currently the president and CEO of a nutrition company called Nutrition53.com.

"There's another level on where to take a team when it comes to the way it trains," said Romanowski, who suited up for San Francisco, Philadelphia, Denver and Oakland during a standout 16-year career in the NFL that was marked by a bad temper and his admitted use of THG, the designer steroid at the center of the BALCO scandal.

Romanowski also has a tight relationship with Al Davis, frequently chatting with the Oakland owner about nutrition and all things Raiders.

Should Davis show an interest in his services, Romanowski would zip off another PowerPoint presentation, one that's specifically designed for the Raiders.

"He's still sharp as a tack," Romanowski said. "You've got to be on your game. He's testing you when he's talking to you."

Take a moment to envision Romanowski as head coach of the Raiders.

Go a step further and imagine he acquires a post-Cowboys Terrell Owens.

(that'd be a circus that would make Ringling Brothers jealous) :D

To my shame, I have to admit I'd watch. The potential for comedy would be staggering :D

As to this story, Romo actually thought he could merit the Broncos head coaching job...wow :rolleyes:

Bowlen's smarter than that, but Davis? Given the way his brain works and the fact that qualified candidates have been known to avoid the Raiders job like the plague, I wouldn't rule it out in a year or two.

("the coaching search" is becoming an alomost annual event in Oakland)

To my shame, I have to admit I'd watch. The potential for comedy would be staggering :D

As to this story, Romo actually thought he could merit the Broncos head coaching job...wow :rolleyes:

Bowlen's smarter than that, but Davis? Given the way his brain works and the fact that qualified candidates have been known to avoid the Raiders job like the plague, I wouldn't rule it out in a year or two.

("the coaching search" is becoming an alomost annual event in Oakland)

shame shame shame, I'd have to say though I'd probably watch a little as well. It would be entertaining in the least.

The Roids have definately soaked his brain. Just heard an interview on Cowherd or Dan Patrick I think it was. Basically he doesn't think HGH is illegal because there is no good test for it.

I think he's also pimping a book and a sports drink right now which is what this is really probably all about.

He's in the business of sports nutrition now. Maybe he could get Marion Jones, Barry Bonds, Jose Canseco and Roger Clemens to endorse his stuff :)

But I do think he really believes he could be a head coach. And you have to admit it'd be highly entertaining if he was in charge of the Raiders.

Archived