• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Observer interview with Peppers agent

cota37

You would think a special athlete like Julius with his God-given skills and talents would be able to beat be singled blocked or maybe dominate, show up and take over a big game every once in awhile.

He is a very good player, not a great one - he needs to be surrounded by other great players that are the leaders on the d-line and take away the attention.

It sucks that this is how the Peppers era end and he didnt "fullfill his potential in charlotte" I think we have seen Peppers potential and now I just hope some team thinks there is more and gives us some good picks for him. Maybe he can find a defensive schemes that creates a situation where nobody is blocking him.

Well I think this is just a case of Pep being tired of the system he is in and noting is gonna bring him back. IMO though this gives us another side of Pep. Kinda explains why he didnt look the same since our 05 SB run, and IMO might be a good thing cause as we have seen in Freeny paying a guy lots of money dose not mean he will play well.

I fixed that number for you. I don't know where you get 31, it's pretty clear the Cardinals weren't too worried about him.

10 sacks a season is good for about 10th in the league any given year. He's not a perennial all-star, nor is he even a regular starter on the NFC side of the pro-bowl.

Still, the numbers don't deny it. He is "that good", he just isn't "that great".

I would say a player who makes the Pro Bowl more than half the time...is a "perennial All-Star". Consider that a player with a 12 year career and 7 Pro Bowls is very likely a Hall of Fame player. That would make him "great"...no?

I would also suggest that the 70 sacks that he has accumulated in seven years, probably ranks him amongst the NFLs best, over that time. Although I have searched for, and cant find that info. Just going by memory. I would like to know the sack leaders since Pep came into the league though, if someone can locate the numbers.

I fixed that number for you. I don't know where you get 31, it's pretty clear the Cardinals weren't too worried about him.

10 sacks a season is good for about 10th in the league any given year. He's not a perennial all-star, nor is he even a regular starter on the NFC side of the pro-bowl.

Still, the numbers don't deny it. He is "that good", he just isn't "that great".

Averaging 10 sacks per season is a lot different than just getting 10 sacks in a given year. Especially considering we're talking about a significant amount of time, in this case 7 seasons.

John Abraham has averaged 9.3 sacks per year.

Dwight Freeney has the same 10 sack average as Peppers.

Jason Taylor averaged 10 sacks per year (he had 71 sacks through his first 7 years).

Michael Strahan averaged 9.4 sacks per year (he actually only had 52.5 sacks through his first 7 seasons.)

You see, Peppers is actually in pretty elite company by averaging 10 sacks per year, and he has just now reached his prime. I didn't compare him to any of the younger guys because they still have to prove they can do it over a long period of time like the above guys.

Archived