• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Before you burn any Jerseys, think of this!

Carolina Mike

Many talked of burning Jerseys like....

Minnesota #84

Green Bay #4

When those two examples make it into the HOF, what Jersey or Team will people remember?

Farva will go into the HOF as a Packer.

Minnesota has Moss back even after NO ONE ever thought it would happen (Much like Pep). Moss will wear Purple in the HOF.

SO.....IF Peppers is to ever make it into the HOF or returns to Carolina you would have wasted $100-$300 worth of a Jersey.

Just an idea!

You don't go into NFL HOF as a member of a team

Missed the Point! Not what I'm saying......When people think of these players what team or Jersey will they see?

Jerry Rice = 49rs not Seahawks

Joe Montana = 49rs not KC

Emmitt Smith = Dallas not Cardinals

Sorry if it was not 100% clear.

That is not true, the Bears have the most players in the HOF and the Panthers have........

This is not baseball. You might take pride in your former player making a team, but this accomplishment has nothing to do with any NFL team

An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

That was not my original point. I think you are trying to make it technical when I'm referring to..... Why would you Burn a Jersey of a possible future HOFer? Yes he may not "Declare" a team, HOWEVER anyone that was to see his name would think of what team???

EXACTLY!

Archived