• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When Jon Fox came to Carolina he wanted to do two things.

Snake

He also agrees on Davidson's game plan that worked last year. Im not defending fox I think he is way conservative my self but having good coaches around you has alot to do with it too.

Davidson's "plan" didn't work too well when Jake was hurt. Davidson has the luxury of having the best running game in the league. If we still had Foster, we wouldn't have done as well. Of course Fox is going to go with the run. It's his philosophy. Both Trgo and Davidson are great coaches...but one is not working with Fox the right way and it's both of their faults.

If your point were true, and no head coach had time to mess with the game plan, then there wouldn't be any head coaches that called their own plays.

I think a lot of us Panther fans wanted to believe the Fox hype after 2003. The media was making him out to be some kind of genius. Anyway, that's my theory for why people have had trouble holding him accountable ever since then.

Sometimes its good to read before you post cause I said that he could be involved with calling plays but there would be no reason to have coordinators if he made the gameplan himself. Even the most controlling of coaches have coordinators to come up with gameplans.

Davidson's "plan" didn't work too well when Jake was hurt. Davidson has the luxury of having the best running game in the league. If we still had Foster, we wouldn't have done as well. Of course Fox is going to go with the run. It's his philosophy. Both Trgo and Davidson are great coaches...but one is not working with Fox the right way and it's both of their faults.

Your right his plan didn't work last season when Jake when down and never could have been that we had 4 different QBs starting that year. I also guess it just so happened that we had one hell of a line this year also. Not that Davidson was a O-line coach or anything.

Sometimes its good to read before you post cause I said that he could be involved with calling plays but there would be no reason to have coordinators if he made the gameplan himself. Even the most controlling of coaches have coordinators to come up with gameplans.

Maybe you're the one who should read. I never said that Fox "made the gameplan himself." The only thing I'm saying is that head coaches can be INVOLVED in the game planning. I haven't been arguing anything else.

I've said it before but if Fox didn't approve of Trgovac's game plans he would fire him. Even if Fox weren't involved with the game planning at all, he can still evaluate Trgovac's performance in general.

Maybe you're the one who should read. I never said that Fox "made the gameplan himself." The only thing I'm saying is that head coaches can be INVOLVED in the game planning. I haven't been arguing anything else.

I've said it before but if Fox didn't approve of Trgovac's game plans he would fire him. Even if Fox weren't involved with the game planning at all, he can still evaluate Trgovac's performance in general.

Then why say you disagree with me when you are basically saying what I said before. That coaches dont have time to come up with Gameplans. Because everything else you are saying is a moot point because thats what I said. Yes Fox dose look over them but as far as making the gameplan thats left to the coordinators. Look at the 180 the Giants took when spanglola or however you spell his name took over. Night and day there.

Archived