• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes@Flyers

merchman567

Justin Peters in net. Also Mastumoto called up from Charlotte for center the 4th line. O'sullivan the healthy scratch. We need this win tonight. We win on the road and have yet to not even score a goal at home. We need to win all the road games until we get out of this home funk. Go Canes!

It doesn't seem like this team can hang with the big boys of the east. I don't know what the hell Peters was doing laid out on the first goal. Where is the "super star" Stall. Maurice needs to find a way for this team to get across the blue line and keep pressure on. The dump and chase is not working well enough. That said bring on the Islanders!

It doesn't seem like this team can hang with the big boys of the east. I don't know what the hell Peters was doing laid out on the first goal. Where is the "super star" Stall. Maurice needs to find a way for this team to get across the blue line and keep pressure on. The dump and chase is not working well enough. That said bring on the Islanders!

If not for Staal, we'd be losing TOP by even more. He's been dominant deep in the opponent zone. He alone had or could have had at least 3 or 4 chances off of plays he made keeping the puck deep.

Me personally, I love Sergei Samsonov to death..one of my all-time favorite NHL players (even before he came to Carolina) BUT...he is becoming the Dwayne Robertson of the NHL...dude just needs to friggin' pass more. Tired of him trying to out dangle all 5 of skaters on the opposing team. I just keep having flashbacks of Mighty Ducks 2 "YYYEEHAAAWW" everytime he cuts.

The problem with this team is they do not play like a unit. Anytime we are in the offensive zone, every player is essentially a freelancer. Everyone appears to be more self interested. This is to be expected of a young team because they still need to learn how to work as 1 unit.

One good thing I can take is that our young guys aren't afraid to carry the burden. There is a fine line between being selfish and being aggressive. Our boys need to find a way to walk on that line, because right now they are unsure.

This is to be expected of a young team because they still need to learn how to work as 1 unit.

That's exactly what the issue is. Staal and Larose have trust...so they perform well, Cole and Skinner do well because they have a bond...once the others get into the flow, this team can start to improve.

Archived