• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LOL at Peter King

VA Panther Fan

Two notes from Peter King's MMQB yesterday.

First, his prediction for how the playoff picture will play out...

How I see it: I like Carolina, but I don't trust the Panthers now as much as I do Atlanta, which is odd to say with the Falcons coming off a loss in New Orleans. ... The Panthers may have to win two of four against a tough slate to make it. ... I also don't see how Dallas recovers from that absurd loss in Pittsburgh. ... I see Philadelphia winning out (Cleveland, at Washington, winner-take-all with Dallas at home) and Atlanta edging Carolina on a tiebreaker for the other playoff spot.

Second, his prediction for the game last night. In fairness to Peter, I'd bet most of us would have thought that a 20-13 score would be pretty close to the outcome. But still, there was NOTHING in his prediction that was even close.

Tampa Bay 20, Carolina 13. The hardest thing about predicting games is trying to figure out which team will show up on a given night. Not Tampa. Maybe the Bucs offense. But the defense -- that's about as regular as Aunt Mildred on six fiber caplets a day.

There's a sign in one of the Bucs' team meetings room at their spiffy new complex in Tampa defining what a "loaf'' is. That's when players don't hustle from the start of a play to the end. When the Bucs played Minnesota three weeks ago, the three starting linebackers -- Derrick Brooks, Cato June, Barrett Ruud -- were on the field for most of the Vikings' 53 offensive snaps. All three of them did not get a "loaf'' all day, meaning they went all-out on every snap, without taking a play or three off. That's what you'll see tonight, sprinting to the ball ad nauseam. It's the way the game should be played.

Now, for the game: I say the Bucs will slow down (I didn't say "shut down'') sudden ace back DeAngelo Williams, which is how you shut down the Panthers.

Screw that. What about that SI writer who completely trashed us and built up the Bucs by comparing our comparable seasons and saying we had an easier season and were just lucky!?! He said and I quote: "Easy Pick" and picked the Bucs. What was his name?????? Lets all e-mail him and say "Easy Pick"

Peter King is a self important douchebag who likes to write exaggerated "feel good" stories and about coffee. He is probably the single most annoying sportswriter there is. Sometimes I'd like to just kick him in his teeth, but given the state of them it could cause nothing but an improvement.

:rant:

Screw that. What about that SI writer who completely trashed us and built up the Bucs by comparing our comparable seasons and saying we had an easier season and were just lucky!?! He said and I quote: "Easy Pick" and picked the Bucs. What was his name?????? Lets all e-mail him and say "Easy Pick"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/adam_duerson/12/05/gotw/index.html?eref=T1

Have at him.

Archived