• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

idea on what to do with pep

RiP_Fred Lane

the more i look at this draft the more i get the feeling that this is a weak draft from top to bottom. so that being said i would like for us to explore the option of dealing pep to the pats. this deal could work out for both teams ( depending on how brady comes along from the injury). this way the pats get a elite ouside backer/d end and we can get a qb that we can run a decent passing offense with. pep for cassell straight up what do you guys think?

the more i look at this draft the more i get the feeling that this is a weak draft from top to bottom. so that being said i would like for us to explore the option of dealing pep to the pats. this deal could work out for both teams ( depending on how brady comes along from the injury). this way the pats get a elite ouside backer/d end and we can get a qb that we can run a decent passing offense with. pep for cassell straight up what do you guys think?

That would be one of the worst trades in NFL history, and we'd be on the wrong side of it.

Cassel=Derek Anderson until proven otherwise.

would you rather have cassel or anybody in this draft?

I would rather not over spend on a QB in the draft OR on Matt Cassel. Sure he could turn out to be the next best thing OR as London pointed out, he is more likely to fall flat on his face.

Delhomme is a better QB than any of the guys in the draft are 'NFL ready' so believe it or not, the chances are we would get worse production from the QB position if we drafted a starter.

Regardless this team is still 100% behind Delhomme, so they are not thinking about getting a starter in this off season. They have not brought back Baz so they will likely look in the lower rounds or an undrafted guy to contest in camp.

We can restructure Delhomme making him a pretty cheap vet saving ourselves huge amounts of $$$ from not drafting a QB early or make a snap judgement on Cassel.

its hard to get full value for a guy that other teams know your not going to keep. and why do you have such a vandetta against matt cassel? he played great this past year, and in my opinion their is no such thing as a "system" qb in the pros. either you can play or not.

Derek Anderson had a pretty good 2007 - barely missed the playoffs like Matt Cassel did. So, whats your point anyways? You can love Matt all you want, I don't think we're doing a 1-1 trade for Matt in a million years. Grow up.

I would rather not over spend on a QB in the draft OR on Matt Cassel. Sure he could turn out to be the next best thing OR as London pointed out, he is more likely to fall flat on his face.

Delhomme is a better QB than any of the guys in the draft are 'NFL ready' so believe it or not, the chances are we would get worse production from the QB position if we drafted a starter.

Regardless this team is still 100% behind Delhomme, so they are not thinking about getting a starter in this off season. They have not brought back Baz so they will likely look in the lower rounds or an undrafted guy to contest in camp.

We can restructure Delhomme making him a pretty cheap vet saving ourselves huge amounts of $$$ from not drafting a QB early or make a snap judgement on Cassel.

thats is one the only thing i hate about this franchise. why is it that the other 31 teams in the nfl do whatever they can to get a franchise qb but we seem content on letting delhomme run our franchise into the ground. i love delhomme i have been behind him since the jags game in 05, but this cards game has convinced me he is to inconsistent to win with year in and year out. im tired of being good one year and 7-9 the next, and that wont change until we get a qb that can make good decisions and doesnt force the ball to 89.

its hard to get full value for a guy that other teams know your not going to keep. and why do you have such a vandetta against matt cassel? he played great this past year, and in my opinion their is no such thing as a "system" qb in the pros. either you can play or not.

I have nothing against Cassel. We would be getting ripped worse than anyone in recent memory if we traded Peppers straight up for him. We could possibly get multiple picks including a first rounder for Peppers.

Matt Cassel has done nothing to prove that he is a "franchise" quarterback. He played well, but so did Derek Anderson in 2007. Would you trade Peppers straight up for Derek Anderson?

Someone out there is going to shovel a mountain of cash and draft picks Cassel's way. I'd rather it not be us.

Anybody in this draft. Cassel will fall on his ass once he is out of Belecheat's system.

so i take it you wouldnt watn brady because he is a product of belecheats system 2? i dont understand what you guys are talking about "system" qbs in the first place. this is the freaking nfl it's a copy cat league everybody runs the same damn plays. im sorry that you think cassel is a system qb because he is well coached. and i freaking hate belecheat so please stop making me defend him.

Rotoworld on Matt Cassel:

Approximately 55 percent of the Patriots 2008 passing yards came after the catch, which was a league high.

Matt Cassel has the size, arm, and athleticism to succeed, but he also had the advantage of Wes Welker, Randy Moss, et al. making plays for him. Desperate teams willing to consider parting with an early-round pick will want to ensure they have the talent and system in place to allow Cassel to excel.

Archived