• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Peyton Hillis thread

SteveSmithOwns

I get there is racism in the NFL - really I do. I have no doubt it even plays a role in how quarterbacks are perceived. However, you make statements designed to seperate black quarterbacks from white quarterbacks which in turn also serves to divide the fanbase and this forum.

If people want these guys to just be viewed as "quarterbacks" then they need to treat them just like "quarterbacks". The sad reality is, they dont. Black quarterbacks are treated and viewed differently. People who speak highly of black quarterbacks are treated and viewed differently And for all the knocks I take at the FO and some in our fanbase over this, I'm still here. Still pulling for us every week and rocking my black & blue proudly. I put my issues with the FO aside on Sundays and want to see us shine. The core thing with all of this is I want to see us be the BEST, and to be the best we need to let go of this 1930s good ole boy bullshyt and get with the program. The game is changing, we need to be more open minded on offense and get us a stud back there that can make things happen. It is not a new or foreign concept. It has and can be done, its simply of matter we choose not to. What pisses me off and should piss off the people who are upset and create usernames for me is LOSING. I hate it, cant stand it. And everything about the way the Panthers approach the QB position brings LOSING. We need change.

I know they are, but I don't really think they are treated differently by a lot of posters on this board. The problem is, you are also treating them differently when you say, "We need change, we need a black QB!" instead of, "We need change, we need a QB with <insert whatever here>." That's all I'm trying to say.

anyway, I think it's clear that you don't love just black QBs, so I don't know why you make it seem like you think we need one sometimes.

bb9314bdf7381430ce074de9d3b1a0d0-getty-98586073rs029_cleveland_bro.jpg

The Cleveland Browns lost to the Buffalo Bills today, but their star RB Peyton Hillis went over 1,000 yards for the season. Some people may not care or think its a big deal, but I think its a pretty big accomplishment for Peyton. He had 21 carries today for 108 yards in today's loss. Hillis also has scored 11 rushing TDs and caught 2 for a total of 13 so far. Seeing a guy like Hillis prove his doubters wrong who stereotype and hold a bias because of the position he plays is a pretty cool story.

Archived