• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did the Fox intervention really hurt the defense?

Zod

Belichek is again taking over the offense in NE. Of course, he's a genius and Fox ix a meddling dumb ass right?

BELICHICK TAKING ON MORE OFFENSIVE RESPONSIBILITIES

Posted by Josh Alper on January 26, 2009, 2:04 p.m.

It looks like Patriots coach Bill Belichick will take a page from his own book to help the team deal with the loss of offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. According to Adam Schefter, Belichick will effectively take on the role of offensive coordinator.

That’s exactly what he did in 2005 when Charlie Weis left to take over the Notre Dame program, the Patriots did not name a replacement offensive coordinator. Belichick worked closely with McDaniels, then the quarterbacks coach, and the team finished with the 10th best scoring offense in the NFL.

This time around Belichick will be mentoring Bill O’Brien, promoted to quarterbacks coach in the wake of McDaniels’ departure. O’Brien served as offensive coordinator at Georgia Tech and Duke before he joined the Patriots staff, but has only two seasons of NFL experience. Veteran coach Dante Scarnecchia staying put as the assistant head coach/offensive line coach and will likely take on some of the coordinator burden as well, allowing Belichick to focus on grooming O’Brien as the team’s next play caller.

Belichek is again taking over the offense in NE. Of course, he's a genius and Fox ix a meddling dumb ass right?

Well yes, exactly, if you are comparing Fox to Belichick then Fox is comparably a moron and Bill is a genius.

The Patriots went 10-6 and won their first playoff game that year.

Oh yea, and their offense was ranked 7th overall that year.

What was our defense ranked overall this year again?

Look no one(i hope) is saying Fox doesn't have the right to help, step in, or do what a HC has the right to do. The question is on how effective/good is he?

Lucas : lets see Turg says on that play I need to cover this area

But Fox says on that play I need to stay man to man

Heck I don't know who to follow ????

Peppers: Fox says rush passer

Trug says drop in coverage ????

DB coach: Fox says bend don't break give them 10 yd cushion cover Fits with 1 DB

Trug says play man to man and double Fitz

Yeah I could see how as a player and asst coach it could get real confussion as to who to follow

Archived