• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LOL at Matt Millen

Jangler

I know this is not Panther news. But this is so funny, I figured everybody needed to read it!!

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/02/detroit-affilia.html

They don't like Matt Millen in Detroit.

The former Lions president, fired in September after an NFL-worst 31-84 run, appeared on NBC on Sunday as an analyst during the network's Super Bowl coverage.

The Detroit NBC affiliate ran a disclaimer crawl on the screen when Millen appeared on camera that suggests it did not approve of the network's decision to hire Millen:

"Matt Millen was president of the Lions for the worst eight-year run in the history of the NFL. Knowing his history with the team, is there a credibility issue as he now serves as an analyst for NBC Sports? ..."

NBC Sports chairman Dick Ebersol defended the decision to hire Millen last week.

"He's a hell of a broadcaster," Ebersol said. "That's how I look at it. I wasn't looking at him as a general manager."

The comments are also good!

What a joke. How he can still find a job at anywhere except at a Burger King is beyond me. He must have jerked off a lot of high up people.

The guy isn't a good GM, but he's a good NFL analyst. I don't get why people are have a problem with him. Tim Hasslebeck is an analyst on ESPN. He's only started 5 total games at QB in his NFL career. At least Millen has championship rings.

Give the guy a break.

I was a 49er fan when he won those rings, so I was a fan. But, he has devastated a team that might not ever recover from his poor decisions. And then throw in the economic situation in Michigan. They might be the LA Lions before long. No he should just go away. Good thing I can't stand the NBC preshow so I didn't see any of him this year.

Well, I think NBC's game coverage has become a joke. At least Millen is a football guy, he may serve as an example of how NOT to try to put together a team. That said, it's far worse with NBC's attempts to boost Olberman's ratings by putting his mug on there. I thought poltical commentators were supposed to be persona non grata after Limbaugh's run on ESPN. Costas is OK, Collingsworth is a joke as well. I do like how Faith Hill looks, though. Call me old fashioned...

Archived