• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beasons tweet about the CBA

Snake

in fact your entire arguement is weak.

1. people do more dangerous things than play football.

2. the thrill of playing in front of the crowd is what i hear most players say they loved the most. they all want the glory - non negative.

3. many jobs require recent college grads and later to relocate or travel for basically pennies on the dollar to what nfl players earn.

worst arguements ever.

I'm not going to get really deep into this conversation because I don;t have the energy to correct people, but I was thinking about something today while buying groceries.

Most of the people that are unsympathetic to the players taking a "paycut" (it's not actually that but whatev) also tend to fall into the camp of "if I had that money I'd be fine with a paycut because I'd invest it." I think that's a fair assumption.

It kinda strikes me as funny that these same people don't seem to understand that, if they were truly taking their money and investing x percentage of it, they'd be losing not just their principle but that paycut over the length of an investment.

I mean poo even if you're just investing in bonds or sticking it a bank you're losing hundreds of thousands over the life of the investment.

I guess that's why MSNBC only talks about the easiest to understand markets.

you can't make that argument because the white collar desk jockeys that occupy the huddle can't translate that into their own line of work.

so they'll just argue that they'd be thrilled to see the sunlight and do actual labor and these nfl players should be happy. i mean fug do you even know the pain of carpal tunnel?

I mean poo even if you're just investing in bonds or sticking it a bank you're losing hundreds of thousands over the life of the investment.

I guess that's why MSNBC only talks about the easiest to understand markets.

Are you talking about compared to what they could make if they didn't take a paycut?

i mean seriously there's not a single person here that "invests" that hasn't lost their shirt over the last four years but still they believe "whelp if it was me I'd just you know i'd just spot that next can't miss IPO and live in my italian villa for the rest of my life"

in reality they're upside down on their duplex lol

Archived