• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Public Workout

mav1234

Yep, every year there is at least one or two guys who disappoint the scouts by not preparing well enough for the combine.

And yeah, Smith is the one I was referring to before.

Okay well at least we know he has a better work ethic than the worst 1% of prospects. That works for me.

Smith was his name.

You named one guy. Most guys when they are in the middle of the pack will work their ass off to get more money. Smith was a top guy that thought he had it made and slid.

Gabbert, Locker, and Mallett are all going to work their ass off too, just like The Golden Calf of Bristol, Colt McCoy, and Clausen did before them and just like Boller, JaMarcus, and so on.

Everyone wants a payday. It's what you do after the payday that makes your career.

Yeah, but those guys can work their asses off and they still won't be able to do what Cam can do at his size. There is just no denying that fact.

Yeah, but those guys can work their asses off and they still won't be able to do what Cam can do at his size. There is just no denying that fact.

Meh. They all bring different things to the table. Cam can run better than all those guys, spare maybe The Golden Calf of Bristol. That's about all he'll get right now.

It's also scary that his dad scheduled this. Shows that his dad still controls him and could possibly play a role when he gets to the NFL.

Well yeah, got to sell his investment. He will be a big hassle and if he can't holdout on his rookie contract he will on his second one. It will be one big headache for whoever drafts him.

look im no hater but that is just ridiculous.

He's gotta get #1 money somehow.

He'll be like the Harlem globetrotters. Selling tickets and putting on little shows all around the country. His dad will let him have a nice steak once a month if he keeps getting better while all other proceeds go to the Cecil Newton Foundation.

feel sorry for him kinda. hope his father doesnt steal all his money.

Reminds me of that story that was on 30 for 30 about Marcus Dupree and how the reverend(I think) turned agent and blew all his money.

Side note: Dupree also blew up to over 300 pounds and I could see it happening down the road.

Poor guy

Well yeah, got to sell his investment. It will be a big hassle and if he can't hold out on his rookie contract he will on his second one. It will be one big headache for whoever drafts him.

That's an awful big assumption based on one freakin workout.

People need to forget about what did or did not happen at Auburn because it doesn't apply to the NFL. This league is already full of players and players parents who took money in college, and they're doing just fine.

Archived