• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New job for the wife...

Darth Biscuit

Cat suggested that too... not too many of those here and since she's special ed, the private schools don't have as much need for that as the public schools do...

Since she's used to special ed, I would like to re-suggest doing corporate training. Most users, I mean employees, are a lot more special than special ed kids. So, she would probably be very successful.

Since she's used to special ed, I would like to re-suggest doing corporate training. Most users, I mean employees, are a lot more special than special ed kids. So, she would probably be very successful.

That's a good idea... she would be good at stuff like that. She has the patience for dealing with stupid people.

That's a good idea... she would be good at stuff like that. She has the patience for dealing with stupid people.

Trust me, its not an easy thing to do. My old job was dealing with stupid people and its extremely frustrating.

People just don't want to admit they don't know how to do things. Instead, they insist that things happen that are impossible (like websites "jumping" off your screen and disappearing) or they just want to yell at you for "making things difficult/confusing"

Trust me, its not an easy thing to do. My old job was dealing with stupid people and its extremely frustrating.

People just don't want to admit they don't know how to do things. Instead, they insist that things happen that are impossible (like websites "jumping" off your screen and disappearing) or they just want to yell at you for "making things difficult/confusing"

I'm surprised nobody said she deals with me so she's used to dealing with stupid people... :lol:

I've seen some of those kids she deals with though... she's a lot more patient than I could be...

I'm surprised nobody said she deals with me so she's used to dealing with stupid people... :lol:

I've seen some of those kids she deals with though... she's a lot more patient than I could be...

Well, its kinda different if you are dealing with special-ed kids, I mean, they can't help it, they have a disorder so its harder for them to learn and retain information.

When its just a person that you can tell is either so fuging stupid they can't get it, or they just want to be difficult and not learn the way to do it b/c they think you will just do it for them....thats when you lose all patience.

More than a couple people that I worked with there have told me that their tolerance to deal with dumb people and be patient has greatly shortened due to that job.

Alot of times, (and Im sure youve all done it at least once before), they just want someone to call and bitch at. Especially old people. Talk to em for about 20 mins, and they are back in love with their bank and website, they just wanted to be a baby for a couple mins.

Waaaaaaay back in the day my parents were both teachers.

Mom quit to take care of the two kids and my dad got fed up with the schools after a number of years.

He started selling textbooks to middle schools, high schools, and colleges.

Worked his way up from practically nothing to VP of the company by the time I was in grad school.

Then he got canned.

Good ol' corporate America, but it worked out great....eventually...and at the end not so much.

A thought, I guess.

Archived