• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Live Conference Call Tonite @ 6:30

Kyle82

What folks are overlooking (no pun intended) is that in the same breath he mentioned how Brees was a very effective short QB, he said it's important for a QB to stand tall in the pocket... that's not as much about the QB's actual height as it is about his presence and that was an issue for Clausen last year, standing in the pocket and delivering the ball, even when you know a big hit is coming.

What folks are overlooking (no pun intended) is that in the same breath he mentioned how Brees was a very effective short QB, he said it's important for a QB to stand tall in the pocket... that's not as much about the QB's actual height as it is about his presence and that was an issue for Clausen last year, standing in the pocket and delivering the ball, even when you know a big hit is coming.

Clausen will have to develop a lot of Brees' mechanics if he is ever going to make it.

Brees releases the ball so far above his head it look like Jim Palmer from the old Orioles.

adding to that, i want to see him be a frikkin leader out there on the field who doesn't take crap from smith or anyone and can put him in his place when needed. i would like to see jimmy grow a set and become a solid leader, but i just don't see that with him.

i also want to see the QB grow and improve. i want him to get more bold and confident in what he's doing. i didn't get that with clausen at all last year.

That's something Shula should help with. And not being a rookie on a bad team won't hurt either.

I thought we had someone who has been able to do that...

TRD's optimism is infectious.

Very optimistic, all the time.

Archived