• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Want ot wait till after the first round to get a QB??

teeray

You frustrate me so much.

Half the time you make really valid and rational arguments and discussion, then follow it up with off the cuff smart-ass remarks which take thigns completely out of context.

Honestly. You must recognise that he has a much bigger learning curve than a prospect like AJ Green? Surely you can accept that his system is so foreign to what we will be using, that he will be realistically needing an entire season on the sidelines before he is ready to play in real-time? Surely you can appreciate that the amount of running QBs who have successfully transitioned into the NFL are few and far between, with none obtaining longevity because of their legs?

Cam has an incredible ceiling on his potential IF he proves he has the smarts to actually pick up a pro system. If he can't then he will just be an exceptionally gifted athlete playing at QB.

So many other players have the benefit of being much much much more pro ready than he is, yet people refuse to acknowledge that this makes him a more risky pick.

For instance dismissing a guy as a running QB even though he threw for nearly 3,000 yards and 30 td's is unfair.

Saying he isn't pro ready is a blanket statement that to me has no basis in fact.

What constitutes someone being pro ready?? I have already shown that QB's from pro systems have a higher fail rate than QB's from other systems so what constitutes "pro ready" it is another blanket statement that can be neither proven true or false until the player actually plays in the NFL.

People said Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger, and Sam Bradford were deemed not "pro ready" for different reasons (Flacco bc of his competition in college, and Bradford and Big Ben bc of the offenses they ran), yet they all had success their first years on the field.

So it is a statement that is impossible to prove.

Archived