• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Fantasy Baseball

NanceUSMC

It's that time again........................ Get in while ya still can!

In order to join the league, go to the game front page, click the "Sign Up Now" or "Get Another Team" button and follow the links to "Join a Custom League". When prompted, enter the League ID# and password below.

League ID#: 78851

Password: huddle

Draft is Sat March 7th, at 1pm EST

I've never played before

But I'm in

Cool, welcome. This is a 5X5 Roto league. Meaning 5 hitting categories. (Runs, Home Runs, Runs Batted In, Stolen Bases, and Batting Average) and 5 pitching categories. (Wins, Strike outs, Saves, and WHIP= Walks and Hits per Inning Pitched, and Earned Run Average).

The object is to rack up the most in each category. Then you are ranked accordingly in the league, and score points based off of that.

example: In a 12 team league if your team has the most Home runs you get 12 points. If you have the least you get 1 point.

You do that for each category. It's a running total that builds up threw out the season. Who ever accumulates the most points at the end of the season wins.

The key to winning or at least being competitive is to make sure you have a well balanced team. You don't want to neglect any category during the draft.

You will notice once you start looking into it that certain players are better power hitters and hit more Home runs. While others are more speed players that get more stolen bases. you want a nice balance of both types of players.

Then from there you will just draft your players. Catcher, 1st base, second base, 3rd base and so on.

Hope that helped. I would recomend going to ESPN and check out there draft kit. It's free, and will give an idea of what I'm talking about.

sounds good. I'll check out the EspN site. Haven't even looked at rules, are we drafting a full team?

Positions are:

C, 1B, 2B, 3B SS, OF, OF, OF, Utility (you can stick any hitter in this spot)

SP(has to be a starting pitcher), SP, RP(relief pitcher, this is were you would play your closeres. There the ones who get you saves.), RP, P(any pitcher), P, P.

Then there are 11 bench spots. To give your team depth. This is were you would draft back ups to your hitters or load up on Pitchers like Nance did last year.

So, all together you will draft 27 players.

Archived