• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tree removal?

Darth Urious

If they don't save my any money by hauling it off, I'll keep it... My grandpa still burns a wood stove to heat his house, and he is currently overloaded with firewood... but I'll take him some more if it is the same price either way...

I don't think Sweet Gum burns all that well though...

Very little heat for sweet gum- of course poplar sucks as firewood too.

The sweet gum splits a lot easier than the other gum wood.

Really you should just pile all of the wood up, let it season for a few months, and then throw a Huddle party with bonfire, cold beer, and hot women.

oh, and I'll be planting some more trees to replace these... gotta be green like that...

My trees will be fruit trees though... mmmmmmmm

Just a heads up. I don't know if you've ever had fruit trees before but they are messy. Plus you'll have bees everywhere!

Just a heads up. I don't know if you've ever had fruit trees before but they are messy. Plus you'll have bees everywhere!

Yeah, my other grandpa has apples, peaches, grapes, etc.... I know it can get messy, and yep on the bees/wasps/etc.

You know what is absolutely the worst for that? Friggin' figs! I've seen hordes of wasps in fig trees...

could the same be said for flowering trees concerning bees? i want crepe myrtles, bradford pears, dogwoods or the like.

the more fragrant trees will attract more bees.

crepe myrtles and dogwoods get some bees but not much.

Bradford Pears don't last when a good wind storm comes along. Beautiful trees in the spring but go to poo in high winds.

Ice will fug up some Bradford Pears! I used to have 4 along the driveway, we had an ice storm and just about ruined everyone of them.

Archived