• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Almost forgot why I hate EA Sports.

Awesomeness!!

Rent a Center had NBA Live 09 playing on one of their floor models HD Tvs, and I was waiting for my new laptop to finish...doing whatever it was doing so I started playing it, and it looked amazing at the tip off in HD. The players looked great, the floor looked great, and I couldn't remember why I hated this game so much. Then, I played. Only took 30 seconds for me to remember. Everytime you shoot you can tell if your shot is going in because of the arch of the ball, the gameplay is hideous, the animations are hideous, the crowd is hideous, people in the crowd will literally disappear in thin air leaving seats empty like at real NBA games, but instead of getting up and leaving in in real life and 2k, they just disappear. I could go on, but..most of you have played this game, so you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, this is why I hate EA Sports in general. they don't pay attention to detail. They market to dumb fans. If you were to see a screen shot of NBA 09, you would think it was the greatest basketball game ever. If you played NBA Live 09, you would probably lol that people spend 60 dollars on that. Same for Madden. The game looks awesome, but they don't care about details. The tackling in Madden is hideous. The QB throwing motion in Madden is hideous. Sure, they have Gus Johnson, and Chris Johnson dreads have the orange tips on them, but gang tacking is impossible!!!!

If you look at 2k11, the graphics won't impress you, but the level of detail in a 2k11, or even a NFL 2k5 blows any EA game ever made anyway. All they do is update the rosters every year, slap some new gimmick (gameflow, hit stick etc) and call it a year.

did you guys ever play Pro Football 2k8? the one without real teams? I always thought about picking it up, i figured the gameplay would be good.

I never gave it a second look, for the same reason nobody cared about backbreaker. People won't play with QB#4. The gameplay might be cool...I don't know though..

I actually find NCAA Football to be much better in terms of gameplay than its Madden counterpart. It's to the point now where they are almost completely different games save for the EA title. You can download the full rosters online so you don't have to play with QB #4.

For 2k11, it's not so much a matter of gameplay or graphics but the many different game modes (Jordan, My Player, Blacktop, Association, etc.) that make it so great. Not saying the gameplay and graphics are bad, but I can't recall any sports game with as many different things to do as 2k11.

College hoops 2K8 was the last great NCAA game. F'n ridiculous level of detail and gameplay options. On top of that you can download roster updates every year via 2Kshare (so no player #4 etc.). Highly recommend it, and it will likely be the best NCAA basketball game ever made for the 360 & PS3.

I actually find NCAA Football to be much better in terms of gameplay than its Madden counterpart. It's to the point now where they are almost completely different games save for the EA title. You can download the full rosters online so you don't have to play with QB #4.

For 2k11, it's not so much a matter of gameplay or graphics but the many different game modes (Jordan, My Player, Blacktop, Association, etc.) that make it so great. Not saying the gameplay and graphics are bad, but I can't recall any sports game with as many different things to do as 2k11.

NCAA Football 11 in Road to Glory mode makes me rage endlessly. Retarded playcalling, and horrible end of the game clock management by the team (if you're not playing as a QB) will quite literally fug you over. Even when the clock should run out at the end of the game, it forces you to get back on the field and do another snap and PUNT. This is horrendous for close games. I've also had numerous instances where even if my offense is on point, my defense won't stop anyone. This seems to happen whenever I play as offense. The opposite happens when I play defense. I can see how that is there to make it more challenging, but when my defense is getting run over by shitty teams, it's really annoying. They've also made it useless to be any position outside of QB, HB, D-line, WR. I've tried being a linebacker. You just end up rushing the passer every play. In coverage you apparently have epiclike coverage that the opposing QB never throws at you unless you're CLEARLY out of position.

Other than that, I agree, NCAA is better than Madden. Here's question, does the NCAA also have a contract with EA games, cuz I don't see 2ksports doing any college games. or am I just missing them? Seriously, without competition, there will be no stress to make these games any better. The potential is there...

Archived