• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Change your damn filters!

YourMomsLover

A ceritified technician should know that cutting grass around your unit has no effect on its performance. Ive even turned my fanblades with a simple stream of piss. These things are made for the outdoors. You cant really hurt them.

Edit: Actaully piss IS bad for your unit...never let your dog cock his leg up on it. It corrodes your coil. I pissed on mine in a drunken stupor :(

I have seen two units go out due to dogs! One of them was my parents years ago! And I have seen a handful of cases that compressors go out on high head pressure due to condensers clogged with grass clippings from where the home owner would weed eat around his unit after grass grew way too tall and then it laid over into the coil! Most of it was inter-twined in the plastic mesh that surrounds the coil to begin with. Cleaned it out and hosed it down and high side pressures went down to normal. It was an extreme case, but nonetheless, I never would have thought I would have seen one that bad off.

I knew a guy who had two dogs, kept them in his backyard...they ATE the coils on the units outside (two). AC guy shook his head, never seen anything like it.

I have a question for you HVAC types.

My furnace/AC system sucks every cheap filter I have ever tried completely out of shape.

The only thing that doesn't warp out almost instantly is one of those washable reusable types that is encased in a plastic frame and has a gridlike plastic frame inside.

It is expensive but washable/reusable. The cardboard/paper filters simply don't work.

Is this because they installed a huge unit (TWSS) instead of doing it right and using a zone/multiunit set-up?

Archived