• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More Fun Cam Newton Stuff

fjblair

That is the only game I broke down so in depth because I knew everyone in the country would have access and it could be debated.

Their offense was very similar all year and considering Oregon was probably the best defense they faced, it would show more what his game would be like at the next level.

Note: Those numbers don't include swing passes thrown after the first 10 drives so it could be a lot higher than 35%.

I would say I've watched 7-8 complete games of his, which I would venture to guess is more than the majority of people here, even Cam fans.

You tried to discredit my argument and you lost. His YPC is largely inflated but no one wants to recognize that. This is what you guys miss. You need to go beyond the stat sheet to understand our concerns.

LSU, Bama, SC, Arkansas.

funny how no one throws Luck under the bus for throwing to wide open WRS during the Va Tech game. dudes it happens even in the nfl ask BSP.

I wasn't throwing him under the bus at all. I just provided a possible reason as to why Cam didn't have low interceptions. When any decent QB throws a lot of passes to a WR behind the defense they won't have many interceptions.

I wasn't throwing him under the bus at all. I just provided a possible reason as to why Cam didn't have low interceptions. When any decent QB throws a lot of passes to a WR behind the defense they won't have many interceptions.

really wasnt throwing that at you, but i have seen on this board that people would say well the wr was wide open and bitch about him not making a throw into traffic. pretty good 1 read offense if guys are that open down field.

really wasnt throwing that at you, but i have seen on this board that people would say well the wr was wide open and bitch about him not making a throw into traffic. pretty good 1 read offense if guys are that open down field.

Oh ok. I don't think it's a bad thing because that was the offense he was in and he executed well. But I do think it helped him not throw interceptions.

Pretty much every one of these QB's threw to wide open receivers most of the time in college, which is exactly what they're supposed to do. Most of them throw a bunch of short passes too, especially in big games where the defense has been studying them for a month and are trying to take away the big plays. Bradford hardly ever threw the ball down the field in college or with the Rams...does that mean he is doing something wrong?

Pretty much every one of these QB's threw to wide open receivers most of the time in college, which is exactly what they're supposed to do. Most of them throw a bunch of short passes too, especially in big games where the defense has been studying them for a month and are trying to take away the big plays. Bradford hardly ever threw the ball down the field in college or with the Rams...does that mean he is doing something wrong?

Never said anything was wrong with it. But when you are hitting wide open WR you shouldn't throw many INTs. Not throwing INT doesn't necessary mean you are accurate.

Never said anything was wrong with it. But when you are hitting wide open WR you shouldn't throw many INTs. Not throwing INT doesn't necessary mean you are accurate.

It does mean that he makes pretty darn good decisions though.

Anyway, how did he beat out an upperclassman with more experience, if he's really as bad as TRD claims?

It does mean that he makes pretty darn good decisions though.

Anyway, how did he beat out an upperclassman with more experience, if he's really as bad as TRD claims?

It means the coaches made pretty damn good calls and play design.

Also, Moore beat out an upperclassmen, hometown favorite, with more experience in his system as well. Is he the GOAT?

People beat out upperclassmen all the time, next argument please.

It means the coaches made pretty damn good calls and play design.

Also, Moore beat out an upperclassmen, hometown favorite, with more experience in his system as well. Is he the GOAT?

People beat out upperclassmen all the time, next argument please.

Not if they suck. and especially not if the challenger is an unknown JUCO QB who doesn't even know the offense or his teammates.

Matt Moore was a transer from UCLA, not Blinn Junior College, so your comparison is bogus.

He may not be the most accurate in the game, but if he wasn't accurate he wouldn't have the completion percenatge he has. Yeah the coach calls and designs the play but the QB has to execute and just because a WR is open doesn't mean you're gonna automatically make the completion. The kid is a good Qb he can make plays in and out the pocket case closed. No QB is 100% accurate. For you visual learners once again:

Not if they suck. and especially not if the challenger is an unknown JUCO QB who doesn't even know the offense or his teammates.

Matt Moore was a transer from UCLA, not Blinn Junior College, so your comparison is bogus.

Actually Moore transferred from COC without playing football the previous year and focusing on his baseball talents, hence him getting drafted.

Try again?

Archived