• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talib's fate will be decided on May 18th

BlanksKarma

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=47752

Talib’s First Judgement Day Comes May 18

The good folks at the Dallas County District Attorney’s office told JoeBucsFan.com yesterday that a grand jury will hear the case against Aqib Talib on May 18 at 9 a.m.

If the grand jury returns a felony indictment, then the case would move to district court. Rachael Jones, the prosecutor assigned to the case, did not return calls seeking comment. (Must be a Cowboys fan).

Simply stated, the grand jury will review evidence in the state’s case and decide whether to indict Talib or give a thumbs down on the aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge against him.

Talib has no right to testify, but could be subpoenaed as a witness. His attorney would not necessarily be present or involved beyond being able to advise Talib. The proceedings are closed to the public — online or in person — and the happenings are not available for review.

Attorney Bryan Hannan, of the esteemed Dolman Law Group, said Talib won’t appear before the grand jury and there’s little doubt Talib will be indicted.

“Talib will 100 percent not be called as a witness. The old adage is a grand jury would indict a ham sandwich. All they’re saying is there’s enough evidence to go forward,” Hannan said.

It sounds like Aqib is gonna testify against his mother, no doubt so she can keep the gravy train running. If he is indicted, I see a lengthy suspension coming and the possibility of being released by the Bucs.

If he gets convicted, he's facing 18 months Minimum with no possibility of parole(he discharged a firearm while committing a crime)

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know what happened to him yet?

The grand jury will decide this Wendsday, the original date was pushed back due to a more serious crime that took place.

My guess is he goes to trail and plea bargains his charges down, probably gets 12-18 months.

Gonna testify against your ma? Sh*t, I couldn't do it but I'm not in his position. I guess she knows what's up...take the fall and she's still able to live good no matter the consequences.

Edit: I see the TB front office and his teammates want him gone. He's gonna have to make his money, if he's able to, with another team.

I dont want him to go to jail, so hopefully he beats this. He's really got to get his life together and make better decisions. Gotta mature and change the mindstate he's in.

I dont want him to go to jail, so hopefully he beats this. He's really got to get his life together and make better decisions. Gotta mature and change the mindstate he's in.

Why don't you want someone who fired a gun at another human to go to jail?

With his past, you think he's going to learn his lesson with another warning?

Archived