• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pryor a better pick than Newton? (FanNation article)

Brokenbad

ummm what?? how is 6'6 235 starving?????

Just a different variation of the 'poor man's' idiom. Given, it was pretty poo, but still.

Are we sure Pryor is 6'6? Because Ochocinco sure looked just as tall, if not taller, than him in that photo they took. Even if he was standing on his tip toes it was weird.

Wouldn't take Pryor with a 7th round draft pick, he is a cancer.

How can a rookie come in and be a cancer? First of all he has no billing as a leader no respect and no say so in anything. Unless he is trying to convince everyone to go to the same tattoo shop as him i don't see why any vet on our squad would listen to him. People who are to self-rightous said the same thing about vick and we missed out him because of it.

Yes taking with character flaws is a big risk but those are the bargins people hunt for to build a franchise "on". The guys with the character flaws are the red tag specials you can get for cheap. Paying a 7th round pick for pryor is like getting a ribeye for 3.99. Yes it could go bad if you don't cook it right but, it could turn out to be a great deal if you cook it with the right seasonings.

So because he lost to Vince Young several years ago, you think that somehow makes him want to draft Pryor? That's how your train of thought works eh?

uh yeah and that is NOT the only reason, remember who their QBs are in Seattle. Whitehurst (unproven) and Hasselbeck (free agent and isnt young) they NEED a young QB to develop and why not get a guy who would remind Carroll of Young.

I don't think Ohio St. fans are currently stoked on the young man.

No, not the fans, but the team. also remember that they have McCoy and if he fails at QB then they have another option. Unless Wallace surprises me, he's not the future for the Browns either.

Problem with Pryor is that all the negative press and character issues being written about him are just the tip of the iceburg. Will someone take a flier on him?? Absolutely, some one will look at the physical talent and think they can rehab and change him. Problem is that compared to him, JaMarcus Russell looks like a hard working humble guy.

First off, i dont compare him to Russell because Russell weighed much more than Pryor, as for the character issues, yes he has them, but i think what drives his price down is his talent. he has yet to show that he can dominate the way others have done, BUT that will NOT stop teams like Seattle, Miami, Washington, Buffalo, Oakland and maybe Cleveland and maybe other teams from looking into him.

hadn't really thought about how much Ohio has been f**ked in the last year..

now all they need is for the Browns to move again.

Yeah, my fantasy football team was called The Cleveland Heartaches and that was before Ohio St. went belly up. Super bad times for those cats.

No, not the fans, but the team.

I don't see why the Browns would be high on him just because he's from the same state. It's not like he's some hidden-away, local product that they know more about than other teams.

I don't see why the Browns would be high on him just because he's from the same state. It's not like he's some hidden-away, local product that they know more about than other teams.

NO!!! it's not JUST the same state, though that's not a bad thing, but it's the potential and the fact that the other QBs are Seneca Wallace and Colt McCoy. NOW, the Browns are one of the last teams i see getting him, but i do think they are an option. the team that i THINK gets him is either Oakland or Miami, i WANT Washington to get him.

I'm just saying I don't see how him being from the same state is a factor at all. Especially since the local fan base doesn't like him.

Didn't mean to upset you or anything.

you didnt, i do think it's a small factor, but the bigger factor is getting him in case McCoy either fails or gets hurt. this team ran through QBs last year due to injuries.

Archived