• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting stat for the Panthers

Gscottnc5

Several of those were more due to Carolina's offense than their defense. I have a sneaking suspicion the offense will have to score 30+ again this week to have a chance.

I don't agree. They are much more one dimensional than even the cardinals. I don't think Cutler is as good as warner and doesn't have a fitz, breaston and boldon.

They have royal and marshall. there d is ranked 27th overall, while there offense is ranked 8th overall. I don't think they can come in here and whip us. If we lose its because we play a let down game

I don't agree. They are much more one dimensional than even the cardinals. I don't think Cutler is as good as warner and doesn't have a fitz, breaston and boldon.

They have royal and marshall. there d is ranked 27th overall, while there offense is ranked 8th overall. I don't think they can come in here and whip us. If we lose its because we play a let down game

I can't agree with that at all. We do pass a lot, but there is clearly balance...especially compared to Arizona. I believe I heard today that they have one of the worst ratied rush offenses in the league...if not THE worst.

Our passing attack is just fine. We have Marshall, who is going to own this league soon, Royal who some are calling, ironically enough, the next Steve Smith due to his size, quickness and incredible ability to maneuver in space and explode in the open field, and 2 very good TEs w/ Scheffler and Graham. Cutler still tries to be a cowboy, but he also doesn't bitch up like Warner does when pressure comes in his face. Dude is cool as ice. Sometimes that hurts him though cuz he fears nothing...including triple coverage on Marshall.

Royal who some are calling, ironically enough, the next Steve Smith

I swear, there sure are a lot of "next Steve Smith's" floating around the league. It's nice to know that we have the guy against whom so many are measured.

DeAngelo Williams is the next Barry Sanders, you know. And Jonathan Stewart is the next Jim Brown. Jake Delhomme used to be the next Brett Favre.

I can't agree with that at all. We do pass a lot, but there is clearly balance...especially compared to Arizona. I believe I heard today that they have one of the worst ratied rush offenses in the league...if not THE worst.

This may be true, but your running game is now on the shoulders of tatum bell. cj pope. This makes you, imo more 1 dimensional than arizona. they have a stud rb hightower who is for real. That's what i am talking about. over the course of the year you have been more balanced but you have so many injuries right now it has made you more 1 dimensional

Selvin Young is back and we are playing Corey Boyd as our physical runner. I'm sure some of you are familiar w/ Boyd. I will take a wait and see approach, but many were calling him a round 4/5 talent had it not been for his behavioral issues and subsequent suspension at So Carolina. I don't think we'll abandon the run.

Hightower does get into the endzone, but he only has 360 yards and a 2.9 ypc average. he's below average. I think his ability to find the goalline is great for him, but he's not a serious enough threat anywhere else on the field to make defenses respect the run.

Our passing attack is just fine. We have Marshall, who is going to own this league soon, Royal who some are calling, ironically enough, the next Steve Smith due to his size, quickness and incredible ability to maneuver in space and explode in the open field

Eddie Royal can be a Santana Moss but not Smitty. No receiver of Smith's type has the power or motor like he has which sets him apart from Moss.

I love that the Broncos are comming to town. If our defense, more like the secondary, shows up this game - i'll forgive them for all the other games (not talking about Chris Gamble though.)

Archived