• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Houshmandzadeh to join Seahawks

catz4life

I've been looking over it and I just don't think Housh is as good as he used to be, but then again he's still a pretty good receiver. They need a couple more WR's, rebuilt OL, and RB to even be thought of as contenders though.

Seahawks overpaid for him, but he's a good WR. Not sure if he is an elite #1 WR, but he's a great possession receiver. They landed a good guy.

I had dreamed of a Smith/Housh WR duo, especially because I'm a fan of the Bengals as well. Oh well. One can dream.

Good signing...but the Shehawks will still be garbage.

Who's their running back...Julius Jones? Please....Hasselbeck isn't special....nor is that Defense....and we've all seen what Jim Mora Jr. did down in ATL...I just see Seattle slowly fading away....but at least it gives them hope out there in the rain...

With Warner back in Arizona, that division will be won by them...but it could be a interesting battle to watch...the Rams? 49ers? Maybe...but geez is that a crap divsion...

Good signing...but the Shehawks will still be garbage.

Who's their running back...Julius Jones? Please....Hasselbeck isn't special....nor is that Defense....and we've all seen what Jim Mora Jr. did down in ATL...I just see Seattle slowly fading away....but at least it gives them hope out there in the rain...

With Warner back in Arizona, that division will be won by them...but it could be a interesting battle to watch...the Rams? 49ers? Maybe...but geez is that a crap divsion...

Ok.. so many points I will address in this post. Most people think the Seahawks will do bad, but they will do just fine, and here is why.

1. You say Julius Jones isn't good. Ok, given the fact that he is not an elite back, he still has decent vision and with added bulk plus a HEALTHY O-Line, he will do fine, enough to take the pressure off the passing game

2. Hasselbeck - He is a good quarterback, now getting his injury taken care of and the addition of Housh, look for him to have good numbers

3. The next point I will make is your point about the Seahawks defense. We have a very, very good defense, and if they bring in a corner in the draft, look out. The reason the defense really was horrible this year was very simple. Our size, smallest defense in the NFL, what does it rely on? keeping the offense on the field so the defense can rest. We were so riddled with injuries we had our practice squad out there it gave no resting time for our defense. Just look. kerney, jackson on the line, hill, tatupu, and peterson for our linebackers, and a veteran secondary, not a bad defense

now.. there is one VERY important factor that will determine our fate... health. health. and one more thing. health. If we can stay healthy and keep our starters in there. Look for the Seahawks to make a splash. Just look at what we did the last couple years, not amazing records, but the Seahawks got the job done. All we did from there is add players, the only difference from last season? oh yeah.. thats right.. health.

The seahawks will be fine. Count it, Arizona is a 10 win team that turned it on late, don't count the Seahawks out too early. :)

So basically you're entire argument is "nuh uh." Gotcha.

Um.. no... I actually had a reason for it.. did you read it? I thought I explained it well enough. But I guess not. If you want numbers, you can look them up. I have a reason and backup with everything I put up there. I honestly don't understand why people keep trashing the Seahawks when it is clear what went wrong this past season... to each his own I suppose..

Seahawks overpaid for him, but he's a good WR. Not sure if he is an elite #1 WR, but he's a great possession receiver. They landed a good guy.

Well yeah, I agree. I think he is a #2. So now they have 2 #2s with Housh and Branch. But my understanding is that the WCO usually prefers to use bigger WRs..and certainly he will make those tough catches in the middle of the field. But he isn't great on YAC. They still need a true #1 IMO. This draft is good for WRs from what I understand so they should be able to snag a good one.

It's funny, I think Housh is the only player I ever heard talk about being uncomfortable and nervous about FA. He even said on NFLTA last night that he didn't want to go to too many teams for visits because it would have been too much to pick from.

Well yeah, I agree. I think he is a #2. So now they have 2 #2s with Housh and Branch. But my understanding is that the WCO usually prefers to use bigger WRs..and certainly he will make those tough catches in the middle of the field. But he isn't great on YAC. They still need a true #1 IMO. This draft is good for WRs from what I understand so they should be able to snag a good one.

It's funny, I think Housh is the only player I ever heard talk about being uncomfortable and nervous about FA. He even said on NFLTA last night that he didn't want to go to too many teams for visits because it would have been too much to pick from.

Good knowledge. Yes. Housh is a very good possession receiver and will work good in the WCO. I do still think if the Seahawks don't get Crabtree, they should set their sights on Heyward or Harvin. Those are the three receivers I want to see wear a Seahawks uni to get that deep threat.

FL WRs..egads.. for the most part. But it's my own bias talking. ;)

I agree...you need another field stretcher. I have heard iffy things about Heyward-Bey's route running. What are you picking? 4th? (I haven't gone into full draft mode yet...lol)

Yes the Seahawks pick fourth. But we won't get Harvin or Heyward fourth obviously. If we get them, it will be in the early second, or trading Hill and getting first round compensation. Heyward is not the BEST route runner, but he makes up for it in speed, hands, and the biggest factor, awareness. Especially in the NFL, awareness makes a receiver. Getting a guy like Crabtree or Heyward will give us another dimension to our offense, not to mention Hasselbeck will be a very happy man.

"The reason the defense really was horrible this year was very simple. Our size, smallest defense in the NFL"

Didn't you guys just lose Rocky Bernard? Where's the size coming from this year?

"Just look at what we did the last couple years, not amazing records, but the Seahawks got the job done."

That's b/c of the NFC West's lack of talent. If "just making the playoffs" is the goal...then that's ok....I guess....

How's Mike Wahle holding up ? :-D

"The reason the defense really was horrible this year was very simple. Our size, smallest defense in the NFL"

Didn't you guys just lose Rocky Bernard? Where's the size coming from this year?

"Just look at what we did the last couple years, not amazing records, but the Seahawks got the job done."

That's b/c of the NFC West's lack of talent. If "just making the playoffs" is the goal...then that's ok....I guess....

How's Mike Wahle holding up ? :-D

No you misunderstood me.. Our small defense was our key to victory IF our offense stays on the field. I was embracing the small defense not pointing it to our demise.

And like I said, I am not expecting a super bowl title.. but making the playoffs regardless of your division is not horrible..

As for Wahle... we do not talk about him much... :P

I got to add one name to the whole WR's and the WCO discussion....John Carlson! Had a great rookie season last year, took advantage of the opportunity that was put in front of him with all the receiver injuries. Big kid, good hands...has potential to be a top tier TE in my opinion.

Archived