• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Warner & AZ Agree to Terms

Skew

SportingNews.com said his agent said it was $15 mill guaranteed.

Are you sure that is not just the signing bonus? Because on espn.com they reported a 15 mill signing bonus, and eight mill in base. But still showed that 19 of that 23 would be guaranteed.

What are the implications for Leinart if any? With a two year deal you have to assume Warner is the unquestioned starter this coming season with the possibility of being usurped int he second, although with so much guarenteed money you would imagine that only a shocking year or injury will keep him out the starting position this time next year.

Thus Leinart will likely be the unquestioned start in his final year on his contract. Something tells me that he will probably not sign an extension, due to the way he took being benched. Interesting scenario and the only way I see Leinart being the main man in Arizona is if Kurt retires after next season, that way Leinart still has two years of playing before he is a free agent.

Might be worth enquiring about his availability next off season, Wisenhunt didn't draft him (I believe) so he might not be sold on him as the 'future'.

Anyway, what do others think?

Archived