• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Special Teams not so special

Mojoman

These ST units make it hard to believe we ever had a guy like Michael Bates... Man, those days were so awesome and enjoyable.

Also, I never thought the day would come where we would have a returner that would make me miss the slow motion skills of Mark Jones. Damn, we're bad.

returners need to make a lot of plays on their own we can't keep blaming the blocks because part of the skill is setting up your own blocks with how you run..our guys have no instincts back their and not sure what to do about that.

returners need to make a lot of plays on their own we can't keep blaming the blocks because part of the skill is setting up your own blocks with how you run..our guys have no instincts back their and not sure what to do about that.

Exactly. I let that excuse fly for a couple weeks, but I've seen enough now. Armanti just doesn't have whatever "IT" is for PRs. All he does is dance and juke side to side, he never picks a lane and shoots it. He wastes time and allows the gunners to close in on him until he has no room to turn it up field.

For instance, just watching the SNF game and look at Maclin. He had gunners all over him when he caught it (just as most PRs do), yet he made one or two lateral moves and cut it up field... Both returns he was one man away from breaking it.

Armanti doesn't do that.

Archived