• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Special Teams not so special

Mojoman

Its not just Mare. Kickoff and punt coverage is got to be one of worst in NFL. Pilares is way worse than Goodson. What did Goodson do to be so deep in the doghouse? I thought he was one of the few bright spots on the whole team last year. And Armanti lacks bot the burst and strength to break tackles. He will muff a punt catch before the season in out. Captain Munnerlyn is way better (but dont want to wear him out).

Probably a correlation between our poor special teams play and lack of depth/injuries I would think. Guys that could possibly be stand out special teams players are seeing time on offense or defense.

At this point, the way I see it, young guys are getting valuable time and our coaches are certainly taking their lumps. Just need to come out after the bye improved. Any realistic fan just wanted to see improvement this season. This team was still 2-14 last season for a reason that extended beyond Jimmy Clausen. By the end of week 16, I think we will have good reason to be optimistic heading into the off-season.

Goodson got the fumbles but has been our best returner in yards. look for him to be back soon.

Edwards looked terrible as usual.

Special teams coach is a position with no authority in the NFL. No idea if our guy is good or not but they really don't do much in this league.

Scott O'Brien would disagree with you.

We may not have much to work with. On that I agree. But it's the coaches responsibility to work with what he has, just like McD on the D. Good coaches do make a difference, and we should have a good idea on ours by the end of the year.

Archived