• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

GW calls out Bob Johnson

Murph

that has to do with the law of averages. the more players a team employees increases the risk of "scandal." the bobcats may have no more than 15 on their roster at one time as the panthers carry 53. that means a football team has 253% more players and can be argued that their chance of scandal also increases.

the fact remains: NFL is more popular than the NBA, MLB, MLS or NHL. the panthers came to town when the city needed a big name franchise in a big name sport. the hornets left town and left a bad taste in the mouths of charlotteans. the bobcats have a lot of damage control to do before they ever reach the fanfare the honets had and the panthers have. i argue that the bobcats and their ownership will never be as heralded as the panthers and their front office for those reasons.

The city will come around when they start winning. There were signs of it at the end of last year before their collapse. I agree that they had a tougher place to start due to the bad taste in fans' minds from the Hornets, but I don't think they went about repairing those bridges in the best manner possible. I was far more insulted by the "marketing to white fans" draft pick of Adam Morrison than hearing hip-hop music in the Bobcats arena or coaches and owners being of a different skin color.

Definitely. The Panthers have had more talent and opportunities for success than the Bobcats, yet they're still a sub .500 organization overall. They've also brought more scandal to this city than the Bobcats yet still enjoy more positive press. I think the Panthers having such a likeable owner locally has hurt them. If people stayed on the Richardsons like they do Bob Johnson we'd have had back to back winning seasons by now.

Panthers have been in Charlotte a lot longer then the Bobcats and they employ about 50 more players each year. So yes there is going to be more legal problems with that team, but every time there has been a problem the player got the boot. I'm not even sure what all these scandals are? There has been some DUI's, a killing(that's really bad), and a steroid problem. In 13 or 14 years with lets say a 1000 +- players, thats not bad considering you're dealing with a lot of young kids right out of college who are getting paid a lot of money.

Also what is with your black QB statement? Peete was the QB for a year. Did you bitch and moan when he got benched and Jake took us to the SB? What black QB's have been good and available that we passed up on? Also 75% of the team is black. What cause the leader isn't black you're crying? Jake is the leader of the offense Beason leads the defense. Hooray it's 50% black led and 50% white led we can call off the NAACP. You're one of the most racist people on here imo cause everyone of your posts you are bitching about whites and only ever defend blacks.

I just find it odd that I've NEVER seen you once criticize the Bobcats who are miles away from being a contender but think the Panthers front office is a "failure" if they don't win a Super Bowl this year. That's a double standard to me.

I dont have a reason to criticize the Bobcats. They improve every year. They have a HOF coach with young talented players who want to win and want to do well for this city. They have an owner who despite being beat up by the demographic here since day 1 has listened to those gripes and tried to push the franchise forward. They have a top 3 arena that houses every major sporting event and concert you can think of, bringing millions to this city every year. The also have the greatest competitor in the history of sports involved in their development. Im excited about the future of the Bobcats! I have confidence the franchise is doing everything possible it can to win and I disagree they are miles away from being contender.

Also what is with your black QB statement? Peete was the QB for a year. Did you bitch and moan when he got benched and Jake took us to the SB? What black QB's have been good and available that we passed up on? Also 75% of the team is black. What cause the leader isn't black you're crying? Jake is the leader of the offense Beason leads the defense. Hooray it's 50% black led and 50% white led we can call off the NAACP. You're one of the most racist people on here imo cause everyone of your posts you are bitching about whites and only ever defend blacks.

Do you think it hurts my feelings when you call me a racist? I could care less. I asked a hypothetical in response to Vagrants comments and you seemed to have gotten a lil emotional over it. The truth tends to do that to people. No one brought up the NAACP but you.

What black QBs have been good and available? LMAO. Are you joking? You're right, there's none out there who are as good as Stefan Lefors or Chris Weinke or Brett Basanez or Randy Fasani, etc. I'm sure next time we go 1-15 again the Panthers will get another black QB. LOL.

I dont have a reason to criticize the Bobcats. They improve every year. They have a HOF coach with young talented players who want to win and want to do well for this city. They have an owner who despite being beat up by the demographic here since day 1 has listened to those gripes and tried to push the franchise forward. They have a top 3 arena that houses every major sporting event and concert you can think of, bringing millions to this city every year. The also have the greatest competitor in the history of sports involved in their development. Im excited about the future of the Bobcats! I have confidence the franchise is doing everything possible it can to win and I disagree they are miles away from being contender.

Their win totals from year to year: 18, 26, 33, 32, and 35. How is that improving every year? Their best achievement to date was when they finally hired a good coach who essentially had to blow up a team that Michael Jordan built in mid-season. MJ has not proved to be 1/1,000th as good in the front office as he was on the court, and this isn't his first job.

Do you think it hurts my feelings when you call me a racist? I could care less. I asked a hypothetical in response to Vagrants comments and you seemed to have gotten a lil emotional over it. The truth tends to do that to people. No one brought up the NAACP but you.

What black QBs have been good and available? LMAO. Are you joking? You're right, there's none out there who are as good as Stefan Lefors or Chris Weinke or Brett Basanez or Randy Fasani, etc. I'm sure next time we go 1-15 again the Panthers will get another black QB. LOL.

The NAACP was a joke. Congratulations you still couldn't name a QB or say why it matters if we do have one. Sorry we don't have a backup black QB to make you happy.

Their win totals from year to year: 18, 26, 33, 32, and 35. How is that improving every year? Their best achievement to date was when they finally hired a good coach who essentially had to blow up a team that Michael Jordan built in mid-season. MJ has not proved to be 1/1,000th as good in the front office as he was on the court, and this isn't his first job.

Who hired Larry Brown, cuz he didnt hire himself? Who drafted DJ Augustin? Who traded for Jason Richardson (which paved the way for us to get Bell & Diaw)? MJ made all these of moves, but gets 0 credit. I said a year ago that Larry Brown would be given the "saviour" treatment when things started to turn around as if he's doing all this by himself.

The NAACP was a joke. Congratulations you still couldn't name a QB or say why it matters if we do have one. Sorry we don't have a backup black QB to make you happy.

Its not about making me happy. If the Panthers dont want a black QB and "face" of their franchise, thats their business. Its their team they can run it how they want. Just dont be surprised and get mad when the black portion of your fanbase notices.

As for names just in the past few years, Dennis Dixon, Pat White, and or Troy Smith all could've helped our football team. Like I said, when we go 1-15 again we'll get us another black QB then. ;)

Who hired Larry Brown, cuz he didnt hire himself? Who drafted DJ Augustin? Who traded for Jason Richardson (which paved the way for us to get Bell & Diaw)? MJ made all these of moves, but gets 0 credit. I said a year ago that Larry Brown would be given the "saviour" treatment when things started to turn around as if he's doing all this by himself.

Who hired Sam Vincent? Who drafted Adam Morrison? How about Sean May? What did we win with Jason Richardson on the roster? Last time I checked, LB was also involved with the decision to draft Augustin because he wasn't sold with Felton playing the point. Those three players who were first essentially first round picks that Michael drafted were not playing for the team that was making the playoff push at the end of the year. So I don't know how you can give him the credit for "building" the team.

We are talking about the same Michael Jordan that drafted Kwame Brown #1 overall right?

to be honest, i didn't know who dennis dixon was before your post. but here's what wiki says, "dennis dixon was deactivated for most of the 2008 season as the third-string quarterback behind roethlisberger and leftwich." so i really can't comment on his skillset and how it would improve the panthers.

why would carolina take pat white in the draft when they already have 3 qbs on their roster that they believe in? jake is the face of the franchise, fox is very high on mccown and matt moore wouldn't be here if they didn't like him. why muddy up a good rotation for a player that wouldn't improve the team with the offense we have in place?

and if troy smith were so good, why did baltimore draft a qb last year and sign another qb this year? he wasn't drafted by carolina because he's undersized and again, his running style does not suit the carolina passing attack.

why does it matter what race the qb is? it wouldn't matter who came out in the draft (black, white or purple), carolina wouldn't have taken him the past couple years.

Its not about making me happy. If the Panthers dont want a black QB and "face" of their franchise, thats their business. Its their team they can run it how they want. Just dont be surprised and get mad when the black portion of your fanbase notices.

As for names just in the past few years, Dennis Dixon, Pat White, and or Troy Smith all could've helped our football team. Like I said, when we go 1-15 again we'll get us another black QB then. ;)

Hahaha. Come on buddy. Not one of them is better then Jake. The only one who might be better is Pat White and thats only because we don't know what he has cause he has never played. You were running off Fasani,Leflors,and i guess you hate Jake and you still can't name a black QB who is better, that we had a shot at taking. So basically to keep you and other black fans we need a mediocre black qb? Haha. fug i could care less if you were a fan. You clearly don't have the best interest in our team, so have a good one. Go pull for the Eagles ,Raiders, or Redskins. I'd say lions too but their black qb is about to get dropped for a white one.

Just to keep on track though....Johnson sucks as a owner.

Hahaha. Come on buddy. Not one of them is better then Jake. The only one who might be better is Pat White and thats only because we don't know what he has cause he has never played. You were running off Fasani,Leflors,and i guess you hate Jake and you still can't name a black QB who is better, that we had a shot at taking. So basically to keep you and other black fans we need a mediocre black qb? Haha. fug i could care less if you were a fan. You clearly don't have the best interest in our team, so have a good one. Go pull for the Eagles ,Raiders, or Redskins. I'd say lions too but their black qb is about to get dropped for a white one.

Just to keep on track though....Johnson sucks as a owner.

Your "this is how we do things and if you dont like it PAYING FAN fug off" attitude is the reason why the Panthers aint won poo. Its the reason why they cant sustain success. Too stubborn, too arrogant, and too scared to take the calculated risks the big boys do. And that comes from being babied locally in the media and having a front office that cares more about being "safe" than WINNING fuging FOOTBALL GAMES. Jake is your saviour. I understand Britneck. You feel he will be here forever and is all we need to get by. I'm happy for you, just dont go crazy when you're dissapointed AGAIN. And if any QB fits the description of mediocre it would be Jake Delhomme. Brett Favre Lite without the ring. And I say that as someone who has probably watched every single second he has played the past 7 years. There are other QBs (black & white) that can and will help this football team in the future. If the Panthers FO is not smart enough to understand that, thats on them. If the Panthers dont even seriously look at a segment of the talent pool at QB for marketing purposes thats on them. If the thought of a black QB leading our football team and winning games would bruise some of our fans egos so much they dont wanna see it happen, thats on them.

As for our beloved Bobcats. The future is bright. I trust the front office would never reward a player who's performance on the court doesnt reflect the need. I trust the Bobcats players are gonna do the right thing and not do anything stupid to shame this city off the court. I trust that the highest paid players on the Bobcats WANT to be here and believe in the FO's desire to win. I trust that no matter how much hate people throw Bob Johnson's way, its not gonna stop the growth of this franchise. :cool:

Your "this is how we do things and if you dont like it PAYING FAN fug off" attitude is the reason why the Panthers aint won poo. Its the reason why they cant sustain success. Too stubborn, too arrogant, and too scared to take the calculated risks the big boys do. And that comes from being babied locally in the media and having a front office that cares more about being "safe" than WINNING fugING FOOTBALL GAMES. Jake is your saviour. I understand Britneck. You feel he will be here forever and is all we need to get by. I'm happy for you, just dont go crazy when you're dissapointed AGAIN. And if any QB fits the description of mediocre it would be Jake Delhomme. Brett Favre Lite without the ring. And I say that as someone who has probably watched every single second he has played the past 7 years. There are other QBs (black & white) that can and will help this football team in the future. If the Panthers FO is not smart enough to understand that, thats on them. If the Panthers dont even seriously look at a segment of the talent pool at QB for marketing purposes thats on them. If the thought of a black QB leading our football team and winning games would bruise some of our fans egos so much they dont wanna see it happen, thats on them.

As for our beloved Bobcats. The future is bright. I trust the front office would never reward a player who's performance on the court doesnt reflect the need. I trust the Bobcats players are gonna do the right thing and not do anything stupid to shame this city off the court. I trust that the highest paid players on the Bobcats WANT to be here and believe in the FO's desire to win. I trust that no matter how much hate people throw Bob Johnson's way, its not gonna stop the growth of this franchise. :cool:

Ok you still haven't named a black qb and you're starting to reach for new things in every post. I guess it's because you know you are wrong. You don't know me at all cause i'm not even a fan of Jake. I just realize he is the best thing we have right now. Yes i want to see some risk but the coaches know what is going on. Every fan wanted to see Weinke get in, he sucked. Then it was Carr, he sucked. Every year fans want to see someone else, but right now Jake is our best chance at winning.

Bob is awful. He doesn't give a poo about this team or city. He doesn't even go to the games. How are you a owner and not go to your teams games? Shinn went to every home game untill the last year cause people hated him. He will sell this team to Jordan soon and I'm ok with that. Everyone hates on Jordan cause he has made some poo decisions but he is so damn competitive i believe he will do anything to win. So i do agree with you on the part about this team is headed in the right direction, but its basically without Bob.

Archived