• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Connor to test free agent market

AntiBuc

In Observer article...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/12/28/2882508/lb-connor-will-test-market-for.html

“That would be a different situation. Here, I was behind Jon from Day One,” said Connor, a third-round pick in 2008. “It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out and maybe getting into a situation where they want me to be the guy. I’m kind of excited about it. It’s exciting to see how it shakes out. “Obviously, I’d love to stay here. I like it here and I think this team’s going to be really good next year. It’s something I want to be a part of.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/12/28/2882508/lb-connor-will-test-market-for.html#storylink=cpy

Connor has done everything he's been asked to and done it well.

Hopefully we can keep him, we have holes at starter positions as it is, dont need a player of his ability leaving town.

Ummm what ability? He's a backup who sucks in coverage. He can be easily replaced no way in hell we're gonna pay 10-20 million for a backup.

OK, run him out of town and maybe we can draft a replacement LB late who has the same talent level as the Captain does at CB.

Good call!

Okay overpay for a backup linebacker, when we have other needs on the defense.

"Hey our Corners and tackles suck but we got us a great backup linebacker!!!!!!"

Okay overpay for a backup linebacker, when we have other needs on the defense.

"Hey our Corners and tackles suck but we got us a great backup linebacker!!!!!!"

The Panthers just need to keep an eye on Connor's off season progress and see if the numbers make sense. Will Witherspoon/Rams money doesn't make sense. But if Dan doesn't see the market he thinks might be there, bring him back!

:cheers2:

The Panthers just need to keep an eye on Connor's off season progress and see if the numbers make sense. Will Witherspoon/Rams money doesn't make sense. But if Dan doesn't see the market he thinks might be there, bring him back!

:cheers2:

Yeah, I really wish we could keep him. But, Hurney and Rivera need to fix other positions.

Archived