• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Aldridge: Gerald Wallce is the next to go

Black

I agree here. I dont think it was the players that made this team horrible. They were doomed from the start when a raciest owner moved into town and forced us to buy him an arena. I hope he looses every bit of the $350 million...

That "racist" owner was selected by the 30 other NBA owners and he didnt force Charlotte to do anything. There's only a small minority of people who will still argue that Time Warner Cable Arena is a mistake after all the money its brought to this city the past couple of years.

The ties with the Bobcats and the Heels run deep. Dont get me wrong, I am still a Bobcats fan(which is hard being a Duke fan as well) but lets not close our eyes and say there is no effort here to bring Chapel Hill to Charlotte.

Bobcats' Carolina ties

Sean May

Raymond Felton

Larry Brown

Dave Hanners

Phil Ford

Michael Jordan

Buzz Peterson

Now obviously, this includes front office and coaching staff, but my point is you can not argue that the Bobcats are not trying to "keep it in the family". This list does not include David Noel and I believe Shammond Williams, who were on summer league rosters at one point or another. It also doesnt include drafting Wright. Hell, if anyone could locate Joe Forte, he could at least get a summer league spot I bet.

I was responding to Solorca's point that in the 2005 draft (when we took RF and SM) the Bobcats were "clearly" trying to pull the UNC fanbase. With the exception of the two picks I mentioned, none of the people you brought up were affiliated with the Bobcats at that time. Basically, I think it is a figment of the ABC'ers imagination, but am willing to listen if someone has anything concrete other than hate for Carolina.

With that said, you are absolutely right that the Bobcats have since turned into the pro version of Tarheel basketball. It's probably not a good thing for a team struggling for fan support to bring in so many people affiliated with a school as polarizing as UNC. However, I do believe it probably has more to do with familiarity and comfort than placating any one segment of the fanbase (hence the Vincent and Higgins hiring's). Nevertheless, it still alienates some fans of other schools that have heated rivalries with Carolina. It also means that Jordan is probably not bringing in the most qualified people or enough strong basketball minds that are not afraid to confront and disagree with him...too many yes men, IMO.

I just hope that as he gets more experience, he will not rely on so many familiar faces, and focus on bringing in the right people instead. I'm not sure that will happen, though, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I agree here. I dont think it was the players that made this team horrible. They were doomed from the start when a raciest owner moved into town and forced us to buy him an arena. I hope he looses every bit of the $350 million...

Come on, thats a bit of a low blow and not really true at all. If you're upset with the teams moves from a management position that's fine but claiming the arena was "forced" on us and Bob Johnson is a racist just aren't true.

THe Bobcats, besides lacking overall talent, lack puzzle pieces...It's like a modge-podge of garbage. They really need to blow it up and start over...This franchise shoulda never been awarded to Bob Johnson.

That is exactly right, and they are on there way to blowing the team up.

The only piece in place right now is

DJ

Other than that, every other Bobcat lacks in at least one significant attribute that makes them a "modge-podge of garbage" as you say.

Felton isn't tall enough to be a 2, and lacks overall intellect to play the 1.

Carroll doesn't play D and can't create much of his own separation.

Ammo see Carroll.

Wallace is a 4 in a 3s body.

Oke is limited offensively and would preferably be an inch or two taller.

Hollins, see Oke only more limited offensively.

French Fry is years away from being a player.

Shannon Browne, who?

The new guys that are outcasts from Phoenix and the 15 year vet that wasn't even playing a week ago aren't going to help.

Bad owner, bad team, bad name, bad president, wrong coach..ugly

I really wish I could like this team. They should have been the Charlotte Flight, signed Silas, Carolina blue & duke blue colors, MJ performing halftime shows instead of running sh*t.

Its difficult to follow & watch

Racist owner? I really don't get how anyone on this board can take you serious. I wouldn't even blame Bob. I think he just goes with what Jordan and Brown say. Whenever its time to write a check he does it. I just think we got some crap people looking at talent.

The Bobcats are becoming a joke and I hope they dont lose G-Dub...but I would gladdly take him in Cleveland...and you Bobcats fans could live vicariously though me when we win the Ship...Lol... just kidding guys... iam a Cats fan...but Im a Cavs fan first...I do believe Larry Brown will get this thing turned around in time... I hope so I want to see some competitive Pro ball in Charlotte

They could be cleaning house, making trades for people with expiring contracts, Villenueva? To possibly open up money to bring in one of the bigs for 2010. Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Tmac, etc.. so many to name.

None of those guys are going to come here to not win championships, unless it's all for the money, which is possible. Lebron ain't leaving Cleveland unless it's somewhere like the Knicks. I think he'll realize Cleveland is a good team and stay there, I hope he does, I know if i was a Cavs fan I'd be crushed to see him go.

They could be cleaning house, making trades for people with expiring contracts, Villanueva? To possibly open up money to bring in one of the bigs for 2010. Wade, Lebron, Bosh, T Mac, etc.. so many to name.

Are you for REAL? Their is no way this FO thinks they can get any of these players. They need too develop talent they have and make this team relevant before any player takes them serious as a place too play.

Archived