• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#6 LeBron James

King Taharqa

dda39d9746ab1440f7762769b3cfb65c-getty-138852770.jpg

Since I didnt make one last year (being his first year in Miami) and the other is too long to continue, this is my 2012 all things LeBron thread. I welcome all fans, haters, etc to contribute. LeBron James is putting up another MVP type season and has the Heat in place to contend again this year. He leads the team in minutes played, scoring, assists, rebounds, and FG percentage. LeBron is 2nd in the league in scoring, top 10 in shooting percentage, top 10 in assists, top 25 in rebounds, top 15 in steals. The Heat are currently the #2 seed in the East behind the Bulls. They are currently on a back to back to back road trip. Here's there results from last night...

MILWAUKEE (AP)—LeBron James and the Miami Heat found a way over one of the oddest hurdles they’ve faced in an otherwise strong start to the season: They’ve finally beaten the Milwaukee Bucks.

James scored 35 points on 16 for 21 shooting and the Heat used a third-quarter surge to beat the Bucks 114-96 on Monday night.

Dwyane Wade scored 22 and Mario Chalmers added 13 for the Heat, who were 0-2 against the Bucks this season coming into the game. James scored 16 of his points in the third quarter as the Heat took control.

“I know what happened the third quarter the last time we played here,” James said. “We had a big lead and they just came out and jumped on us. It was good that we were able to come out and put some pressure on them.”

Bucks coach Scott Skiles wants to see his team improve defensively, but didn’t necessarily blame James’ big night on poor defending.

“He can take and make difficult shots—and maybe they’re not difficult for him,” Skiles said. “They’re difficult for most people. They’re not difficult for him. He hit a couple of fadeaways in front of our bench, 18-, 19-foot fadeaways with a guy in his face, so you’ve got to give him those.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AmcoK0YJvj7X_cNIFPstz228vLYF?gid=2012021315

I'm not really a Lebron fan, but I can admit that homie's having a great year. Don't know about giving him MVP, though. I'd have to give it to Chris Paul. I'm a lil biased, though lol.

Should be an exciting playoffs. Can't wait

I can tell you dont let ESPN and sportscenter run your life. Some self proclaimed b-ball fans cant operate without a TV Channel telling them who to hate, who to like, etc.

James doesnt rule out possible return to Cleveland

ap-201202161556573812236.jpg

CLEVELAND -- When LeBron James made his first post-“Decision” trip back to Cleveland 14 months ago, scorned Cavs fans mocked him and pelted him with hate from just about every seat inside Quicken Loans Arena.

It’s going to be interesting to see how James will be received Friday night on his third trip back – especially after saying Thursday he wouldn’t rule out a return to the city that once bowed to him as King.

“I think it would be great, it would be fun to play in front of these fans again,” James said after Thursday’s practice inside the arena where he won two MVP trophies and led the Cavs to the Finals once.

“I had a lot of fun times in my seven years here. You can’t predict the future. Hopefully I continue to stay healthy. I’m here as a Miami Heat player and I’m happy where I’m at now. But I don’t rule that out in no sense. If I decided to come back, hopefully the fans will accept me.”

James, who is under contract with the Heat for two more seasons with an option for two more, exchanged various high-profile barbs with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert after James’ departure in July of 2010. The most memorable was Gilbert’s rambling open letter to Cavs fans the night James announced his decision to take his talents to South Beach on ESPN.

James, 27, said Thursday he nor Gilbert have reached out to each other to try and patch things up since they last spoke during the Cavs’ free-agent meeting July 3, 2010. But asked if they one day could become friends again, James paused before saying: “Yes.”

“I don’t hold grudges. I hold them a little bit. But I don’t hold them that long,” James said. “Like I said, he said what he said out of anger. He’ll probably want to take that back. I made a mistake too. There’s things I want to take back as well. You learn from your mistakes and move on.

“Would I ever play for Dan again? Dan is not the coach. I’ll play for any coach. We’ll see what happens.”

Dwyane Wade, who helped convince James to leave Cleveland and is staying at James’ home in Akron on this road trip, admitted he could see James coming back to Cleveland one day. But not in the near future.

“Anything is possible,” Wade said. “Hopefully I’m retired.”

The Cavs drafted former Duke player Kyrie Irving with the No. 1 overall pick last year, as well as Tristan Thompson with the No. 4 pick. Thompson is represented by one of James’ closest friends, Rich Paul. James, who spends his offseason in nearby Akron, where most of his family still resides, has served as a mentor to Irving since he was a sophomore in high school.

“I love him. He’s an unbelievable basketball player, he’s beyond his years,” James said Thursday. “[The NBA is] transforming into a point guard league if it’s not there yet.

“You have D-Wade, Kobe [bryant], Kevin Durant, all these great wing guys. But it’s a point-guard league. Look at Russell Westbrook, the MVP from last year Derrick Rose, you look at Chris Paul, John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Steve Nash, still playing at a high level. You have a really, really good point guard you have a chance to win. You have a really good quarterback in the NFL you have a really good chance to win. It’s good this league has great point guards.”

James, who is the early season favorite to win the league’s MVP award, said Thursday he’s finally beginning to feel comfortable with the Heat and the way he’s played lately “is the best I’ve felt on the court in about 14 months.”

“I’m back to how I was in Cleveland, having fun with the game, appreciating the game, loving the game, playing at a higher level,” James said. “I got away from that last year. It was a difficult year for me last year. It was a whole transition on and off the floor going through everything I went through. I just got back to playing how I know how to play.

“My goal is still the same. No matter where my career ends up, my goal is still the same and that’s to win an NBA championship. I’ve accomplished everything you can as an individual. You name it, I got it … but all the awards and that stuff don’t matter to me. The ultimate goal is to win a championship and I want to do it in Miami. That’s the team I’m with. Hopefully, I can finish my career here. If it’s in Cleveland and I come back to Cleveland, I want to win an NBA championship here. That’s my goal. Hopefully, I can make it happen this year.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/02/16/2645126/miami-heats-lebron-james-wont.html#storylink=cpy

Archived