• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2012 Masters

Darth Biscuit

That is some interesting logic. Take out Tiger's 2 bad holes, hey, he's 2 under!

They count all 18 fortunately, just aske Henrik Stenson.

Interesting good, or interesting bad?

Tiger had more than two bad holes... he said it himself, he hit some horrible shots yesterday. He made up for it with his putter a couple of times. Phil said the opposite, he felt like he played well except for his adventures on #10 and yet he ended up +2.

Interesting good, or interesting bad?

Tiger had more than two bad holes... he said it himself, he hit some horrible shots yesterday. He made up for it with his putter a couple of times. Phil said the opposite, he felt like he played well except for his adventures on #10 and yet he ended up +2.

I just tend to look more at the results.

I know when I golf, and muff a tee shot just barely past the ladies tee, then hit a good 2nd shot to recover and par the hole I think all considered I played the hole pretty well. Then I'll hit a great drive and muff the approach on the next whole and and up with a double. It's just more about winning the war than the battle and fug style points.

What is important is what's on the scoreboard and to me, Tiger played much better than Phil yesterday bottom line.

What's wrong with Sportscenter?

it annoys you obviously!

hahahahaha....doesn't matter which highlight show I watch, they are pretty much all the same!!!

question...does winning the Masters give you a live long invite? Seems only a couple days ago I was wondering whatever the hell happened to Mike Weir, and there he is...at the Masters...he shot even too, just like Tiger...but you'd never know.

hahahahaha....doesn't matter which highlight show I watch, they are pretty much all the same!!!

question...does winning the Masters give you a live long invite? Seems only a couple days ago I was wondering whatever the hell happened to Mike Weir, and there he is...at the Masters...he shot even too, just like Tiger...but you'd never know.

Qualification for Invitation

• Masters Tournament Champions (Lifetime)
  • US Open Champions (Honorary, non-competing after 5 years)
  • British Open Champions (Honorary, non-competing after 5 years)
  • PGA Champions (Honorary, non-competing after 5 years)
  • Winners of The Players Championship (Three years)
  • Current US Amateur Champion (6-A) (Honorary, non-competing after 1 year) and the runner-up (6-B) to the current US Amateur Champion
  • Current British Amateur Champion (Honorary, non-competing after 1 year)
  • Current Asian Amateur Champion
  • Current US Amateur Public Links Champion
  • Current US Mid-Amateur Champion
  • The first 16 players, including ties, in the previous year's Masters Tournament
  • The first 8 players, including ties, in the previous year's US Open Championship
  • The first 4 players, including ties, in the previous year's British Open Championship
  • The first 4 players, including ties, in the previous year's PGA Championship
  • The 30 leaders on the Final Official PGA Tour Money List for the previous calendar year
  • Winners of PGA Tour events that award a full-point allocation for the season-ending Tour Championship, from previous Masters to current Masters
  • Those qualifying for the previous year's season-ending Tour Championship
  • The 50 leaders on the Final Official World Golf Ranking for the previous calendar year
  • The 50 leaders on the Official World Golf Ranking published during the week prior to the current Masters Tournament

I met Mike Weir at the 2007 Masters on #11.... it was Sunday morning and it had rained Saturday postponing the Saturday round... we got out early before the golfers came out to finish the 3rd round. Weir walked right up to us and we spoke to him... really nice guy. He's looks (roughly) about 5'5"... short little joker.

KG is right... Master's champions do get a lifetime invite as long as they want it...

I just tend to look more at the results.

I know when I golf, and muff a tee shot just barely past the ladies tee, then hit a good 2nd shot to recover and par the hole I think all considered I played the hole pretty well. Then I'll hit a great drive and muff the approach on the next whole and and up with a double. It's just more about winning the war than the battle and fug style points.

What is important is what's on the scoreboard and to me, Tiger played much better than Phil yesterday bottom line.

Most of the pros don't look at it that way even if the score is good... that's what Tiger was saying yesterday... he didn't play well, but was able to scratch out a decent score. Phil felt like he did play well, but didn't get the breaks and had one really bad hole that hurt his score badly. If Phil hadn't lost that ball on #10 and made a putt or two here or there that he missed, he would have been 3 or 4 strokes up on Tiger... that's what I meant.

Archived